“Mediocre”

Hotel Menaal Residency
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Kota
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was here for a family wedding.

Pros: Outside the city, nice front garden, several categories of rooms, good food
Cons: Rooms were damp, lousy internet connectivity with no Wifi, bathrooms were bad, high tariff and not really a 3 star.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Kshitij_Mohta

Reviewed August 16, 2012

While our group was on a road trip starting from Delhi to Udaipur.. We had stayed at various places where we made sure our budget didn't exceed the depths of our pockets.. Then came out this "Resort" that i truly feel proved like a "resort" out of the hectic journey from Jaipur to Kota.. this place is very refreshing and suits your pocket if you are a roam about group.. better than the high budget heritage resorts where you feel all your money is wasted for the bad smells coming out of old stones... i never knew Kota would be one of the best tourist attractions i've ever seen.. (now it depends on your perception what you are looking for!).. Menaal will be in my checklist in all my further journey's via Kota..

Room Tip: Go for the top floor.. Rooms are grand and the view is panoramic..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Nadeem_India
Reviewed July 6, 2012

the resort is a very good get-away from the busy life of the city,,, amidst greenery, it sets apart from all the hustle-bustle. U can just relax at the pool and get all the drinks of the world at ur service.... excellent food and rooms.. had an amazing time.. Must try the Afghani chicken and veg. Sizzler..

Room Tip: all the rooms face either greenery or pool side...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank GargiJ
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My second stay at Hotel Menaal Residency and even better than the first if that is possible. The rooms are extra comfortable, quiet and with fabulous showers - just what you want after a day's work or sightseeing. The staff are a delight. Good value for money. You cannot go wrong here

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MANDEEP_PANNU
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at the Hotel Meenal Residency for 2 nights. It was absolutely wonderful. Besides having wonderful rooms, lawn was huge and well maintained. I had interaction with most of the guests who stayed there. They all enjoyed the food and hospitality. Now I am planning to visit hotel with my family sometime during this winter. Great experience... thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Pravin K
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I'm a frequet traveller being a marketing executive and stayed at many places throughout India. This trip was with my friends and we chose Rajasthan for our tour. After seeing Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipr and Bundi, it was the turn of Kota. It was first hotel when we were about to reach to Kota and we entered into the hotel. It was the biggest front of any hotel I have ever seen with lush green and football field size front lawn. Rooms were very clean and tidy, I was amazed to see the paintings in the lobby which refreshed the history of Rajasthan. Swimming pool was very large and we all enjoyed swimming at there and had snacks while swimming. We had dinner in the open (at front lawn) which was really great experience for all of us. Food was really beyond our imagination, really delicious. It is best place for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian to have multicuisine. I wish it would be great experience for all who stay at this hotel to make your jouney to Kota a memorable journey.

Room Tip: The hotel area should be peaceful and this hotel offers this attribute best in Kota city.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Riya1072
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It was really good experience to stay at Hotel Menaal in Kota city. Rooms are very spacious, neat and clean. I was amazed when I entered the hotel, it has huge front loan bigger than any five star hotel I stayed around the world. Food was very delicious, hygienic and maintained consistancy in taste. Swimming pool was also well maintained where myself and my children enjoyed swimming here. I found well dressed, soft spoken staff who cares. It was like home away from home for me and my family. We also enjoyed boating in Chambal River and visited near by historical places arranged by hotel.

Room Tip: Only seeing room is not enough, see the surrounding like greenary, space to walk outside the room to...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family