We just concluded our trip to Rusticville campgrounds near Lonavala. This was our first camping endeavour in India (have done it in california quite a few times before) and frankly we were not having a lot of expectations. To our surprise though, this turned out to be an experience way beyond my and my wife's expectations.
- the access to the campground is decent, not great but good
- the tents were pretty neatly organized
- the staff over there (Kashinathji) is very accomodating
- the BBQ was decent (veg)
- the dinner buffet was good
- the best part of our stay was the bonfire which went on until 4 AM in the morning
- the restrooms were very very clean with all the required toiletries
- the morning breakfast was excellent
- the location is also excellent - right below the tikona fort which is a pretty good trek
I would definitely recommend this camp ground, our group is definitely going there again!!
Just one thing though, if you are taking along kids, please ask much in advance for the sleeping bags, we struggled with thatMore
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included