“Very good rooms, not so helpful staff”
Review of Sunny's Retreat

Sunny's Retreat
Ranked #2 of 65 Lonavala B&B and Inns
Hyderabad, India
“Very good rooms, not so helpful staff”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Rooms are well maintained and best in the price tag.
Swimming is maintained well, we went during Ganesh chaturdi, so cleaning process is happening there, we didnt use much facilities there. Mix pakoda is a must try there from their own kitchen. If you order food from outside hotels, they will charge very high on items. Wifi is not accessible in rooms, and they suggested us to come down to reception to access wifi, which is very annoying.
Staff are not that much helpful for arranging local sightseeing. In fact they will suggest you high price travels to get their commission. Dont go for it.
We (couple) got a very good human being(approx 50 years uncle) in the form of driver through local travels and he has shown us patiently all locations giving us as much time as we want, at best price (Rs.1000/-).
I recommend him/his family(they have 5 cars of different types) for local sight seeing.
He is Shinde, M : 9960536119.
If you dont use swimming pool, I suggest you Cosset, a boutique hotel. A local pizza center is der near water world, pizza is very good and spicy but cost is as high as Dominos.

Room Tip: 205 and 105 are better. If not them, try 206 or 106
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kartheek1987

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The rooms were nice with all basic amenities. There's nothing much in the hotel except a small swimming pool. The service was below average and the staff was lazy. We received a lazy welcome and an even lazier goodbye,Overall a nice stay !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunny W, Owner at Sunny's Retreat, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you so much sir.....it means a lot to us..
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel at affordable rate Lonavala. The swimming pool is not very big but it is maintained very well. The location of the hotel is also good.... quite close to main market. But the best part is cleanliness - very well maintained hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you sir....
Thane, India
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed with my wife from 16th-18th August' 13 in Super Deluxe Room . Booking process was hassle free (I booked from Dubai). The best part is that room is spacious, hotel is clean and very well located i.e. away from busy city road traffic and not that far from railway station.

Below are pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros:
1. Hotel staff is very good and helping, quick response time, Mr Dilip was the best staff out there.
2. Rooms are very clean and spacious as well for couple.
3. Hotel breakfast was very good and hygienic as well.
4. Swimming pool is neat and clean.
5. Very good hotel location, I reached there (Lonavala station) by Train and then took a Rickshaw, distance is just 5 minutes.

Cons:
1. The owner should do something about the hot water, I got to know that it comes from Solar Heater which is very bad, as I visited in rainy season didn't get direct hot water, but hotel mgr arranged for hot water buckets, still take a note of this.
2. Hotel doesn't has restaurant due to which I had to order lunch and dinner from outside hotels, but for delivery our hotel charged 10% of bill amount every time I ordered which was very bad.
3. Card payment will charge some 10-18% extra tax, so had to pay bills by cash. No receipt given after bill pay.
4. Room 206 which was booked by me 15 days back, after reaching the hotel I was told that room is already given to someone else.

Suggestion:
Hotel is good for couples and families, it also has carrom, table tennis, etc facilities.
As I didnt get room 206 I got shifted to Room 205, but trust me room 205 has good view compared to 206, check out the pics I have uploaded.
Overall a good pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jai G
Sunny W, Owner at Sunny's Retreat, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you sir.....it means a lot to us.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Firstly, I must say the rooms are very neat, clean and beautifully lit !
Bathroom fittings and fixtures are good. The kids pool and the main pool is clean and looks beautiful. But more than anything, the hospitality, friendly staff, and a personal touch given by Ameet Wadhwani (elder brother to Sunny) is amazing. In todays world where business seems to be the only motive, people like Ameet give it that much extra to the clients and make the experience the one to be remembered. Thanks Ameet, it was a pleasure meeting your dad as well. Mr Dilip at the reception is also a gentleman. Thanks Ameet for trying your best and making it possible for us to stay at Sunny's Retreat for the 2nd day as well by giving us preference. . Also thanks for the bouquet and card for my wife's wishes. It's your personal touch which has made all the difference. I would suggest all my friends and relatives to surely come and stay at Sunny's Retreat and have their meals at Sunny da Dhaba ! Looking forward to coming here more often and enjoying the food and experience at Sunny da Dhaba as well ! :) Nice knowing you. Will keep in touch with you irrespective of the professional relation :) - Yash Paleja, Mumbai.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a Swimming pool view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is a very nice hotel in all senses. Though we did not have a high budget, we still stretched ourselves a bit as the experience provided in that price was good. I must say we went to Sunny after checking 6-7 other hotels, but none offered as good a cost/benefit ratio as this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, very clean, neat as soon as you enter you feel positive about this place and wish to stay. Food is good. Buffet breakfast is very good. Staff is good. I would like to visit this place again n again. Worth spending. They should maintain the same or can improve if needed. I enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family