“A unique experience”

Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Toronto, Canada
“A unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We spent our first wedding anniversary and it was a wonderful experience at The Machan. Esp. on our first anniversary it is hard to believe that such a pristine location is just a couple of hours drive from Mumbai. We enjoyed this ecological setup among the dense foliage and tree-tops with an uninhabited view of the valleys. Being with nature in solitude is just so refreshing.

Kudos to the owners for putting this together painstakingly over the years. The management & staff were extremely courteous and made sure our stay was comfortable.

The Canopy Machan with its furnishings, ambiance & setup is a luxurious tent in the sky! Sitting on the Machan deck overlooking the vast expanse of valley ahead, it has been a truly a unique experience words alone cannot describe it just!

Special mention of the ‘wish lantern’ last night. To sum it up, we will be back.... with friends & family.

Simply 10/10

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

What an experience it was to be perched on top of the trees and feel like a gliding bird while you slept in your cozy bed . The food is exceptional , service outstanding and the ambience as close to nature as you can get with all the luxuries thrown in.
We stayed at the tent but the next time we go we will stay in the heritage machan .
The trek is greatas well
Kudos to the family and specially the matriarch to have bought this land bare and create a forests out of it , hats of to the man .

1 Thank Sanjaynature
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Incredible! A perfect getaway for people like us who like to be with nature in its raw form.

View from the Machan is amazing and you can easily spend hours just sitting in the chair and watching beauty of the nature.

Quality of the food was unexpectedly good, I wasn't really expecting such a tasty food. Staff was very helpful and courteous.

The entire team of Machan really made us v comfortable during our stay and we were lucky to have company of the owners around who made us feel like their personal guests.

This place is definitely a worth visiting which is just an hours drive from Navi Mumbai. We hope to be here again sometime in future once the forest machan's are up and also when they start the camping activity on the adjacent hill.

All in all a very good, memorable, rejuvenating experience.

Room Tip: Heritage Machan is awesome but for that you need to be with family. Canopy Machan 1 has a better vie...
1 Thank adibe79
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had planned this visit as a surprise gift to my beautiful wife on our first wedding anniversary. Nobody from my friends had been to this place. I had only read the reviews from people who had been here; hence before booking I was a bit worried. But something told me, my wife would love it here.

The online booking was a breeze. I got a call from The Machan & an e-mail confirming my booking. The directions to this place are perfect on their website. My wife was awed looking at this place hospitality, staff, weather, and food – everything just perfect as this place.

We stayed at T1 canopy Machan a breath taking view from the deck & sunset & sunrise & windy weather. Bathrooms & the rooms are clean. Had my doubts about the insects around us, but they did not bother us.

One true amazing thing about this place is the way it blends around Nature. The birds chirping away, the sound of leaves fettering, the walk itself to our room in the Canopy from the reception. The self-sufficiency in its energy needs through their own solar panels & windmills.

Wonder what the weather would be in rainy season.

Already planning my next trip here, and also thinking of giving a surprise gift to my parents on their anniversary.

One suggestion:-

Do not make this place crowded by adding more Machan.

More crowds will make this place lose its charm.

LOVE MACHAN FOR MAKING MY FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY A MEMORABLE ONE.

7 Thank amitpgala
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

he Machan. The most beautiful and serene getaway amidst forest, that too just 2 hours away from the hustle bustle of Mumbai. Searching for a good destination, to surprise my wife on our first wedding anniversary, I came across this unique getaway in Lonavala. Curious by the name 'The Machan' I called their office and I was given a telephonic tour of the place and its offerings. Listening to them I was convinced that this would make the perfect & unique anniversary destination. I would also like to specifically mention about the staff Ms. Cressida and Mr. Oscar who just made my surprise plan more attractive and romantic. With the full moon overlooking at us, me and my wife had the best candle light dinner (would prefer to call it as moonlight dinner) on our own private deck of our tallest tree top Machan with Champagne and delicious spread of food.

The Machan, will always have the unparalleled place in our memory as the beautiful & serene destination of our first anniversary!!! 3 cheers to The Machan and its team.

The Machan gets a high recommendation from me and my wife for everyone who are looking for a quick weekend getaway with serenity and nature all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Shyam78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Celebrated my birthday with my husband at The Machan, and it was an incredible experience. It is the perfect place to get away from the madness of the city.. peaceful and serene... no better place if you want to get back to nature. The unavailability of TV/Internet is a unique feature by itself :).. also, placing yoga mats in the room is a thoughful gesture by the team... staff was very helpful and accomodating... would definitely suggest this place to all looking forward to spending some quality time with their loved ones

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ritturijhwani
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

It’s a perfect getaway closest to Mumbai city; it’s beautiful, pristine, calm and unruffled property. I loved every bit of stay in The Machan. I stayed in the Heritage Machan which has an amazing view .The rooms are nice and clean; staff is very good and warm. Food is excellent. I had a wonderful time with my friends and I would love to come again. Its on my fixed holiday destination list .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends