“Good chain but not that good in lonavala”

Citrus Hotel Lonavala
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Citrus, unlike other locations, is not placed at a good location here. It looks like a apartment building and the ambience at entrance too is not appealing but once you get it the atrium, you feel better. Food quality is again good but can be better in comparision to nearby options.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank your choosing to stay with Citrus Lonavala. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken out to post your feedback about your experience.

We take great pride in our product and service and we are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. I have noted your points of concern and have addressed the same to the best of my abilities. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night by accident, due to heavy rains. The reception gentleman was very kind and explained us the facilities and got us checked in quickly. As it was late, we didn't haggle on the price. The rooms are good, and the view is to die for. The breakfast was pretty good as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BritishGlobeTrotter
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
We take great pride in our product and service and we are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel is located at walking distance from the main town. It is a boutique hotel with all the needed amenities. The rooms are quite spacious though the bathroom could have been bigger. In my room the AC was directly facing the bed and hence we had some tough time (not sure if that is the case with the other rooms too).Bottled water and tea are complimentary. Though I am not sure if there is a tab on the same.
We decided to have dinner in the room, the menu has very limited options and the prices were way too high a dish of chicken 400+ bucks!! Even the quantity was pretty less. There is another option of Buffet which is a far better choice given the spread and pricing of the menu.The breakfast is included in the tariff( but make sure to double check).
There is a pool also. It is small but is well maintained. The shower facility near the pool is not upto the mark. It is too small.
One thing which stands out is definitely its courteous staff. It was the best part of our stay. Each one was very much happy to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nishish_123
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I attended a corporate training at Lonavala which was held at this hotel yesterday and today along with about 15 of my colleagues and their families. Some of the rooms were not yet ready when we checked in. They were made ready after we were allotted the rooms. The seminar hall was spacious for 20 candidates and comfortable.AC was satisfactory. Quality of food was good but the spread was moderate. The open lounge and the dining space gave a comfortable feeling. Towards the end of dinner, the dishes were not refilled promptly and some of us had to compromise. Staff were courteous and helpful. I would give 60% marks for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an atrium facing room, you will have a good and pleasant view outside
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citrus Lonavala as your preferred destination.

We were delighted to have you and your team over at the hotel. I have noted your points of concern and have addressed the same with my team.

I do look forward to welcoming you all back to Citrus Lonavala, which I hope is sometime in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my wife had gone to visit lonavala on the month of july we had a nice experience there
The place was clean, food was gud.
But i felt price was bit higher compared to other hotels but it might be because of peak season.
The staff were very helping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suvra s
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had booked the hotel for my father's 65th Birthday, as a surprise for my family. I arrived at the hotel a day in advance to ensure all things were in place. To my most pleasant surprise, i was welcomed with flowers in my room and a stocked minibar!

My room was lovely and the staff was extremely accommodating, ensuring my father was allotted a room on the lower floor for ease of his walking. The courtyard view is very pretty, albeit not totally private. Breakfast spread is decent for a hotel this size, and the meals are also varied in choices. The chef's were kind enough to custom make meals according to my father's health and the F&B staff's relentless attention to us during our meals.

Jude Michael, the Rooms head deserves a special thanks for his detailed attention and crisp leadership. Not to forget his personal friendliness!

Great Team Guys...Keep it up!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citrus Lonavala as your preferred destination.

I am delighted to know that my staff has been successful in winning you over, with their zeal to serve. There is no better encouragement and motivation for my staff and myself, than to read your generous feedback.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have visited Citrus with my friends recently. I do travelling alot both domestic and internationally but havent found such humble and highly helpful staff. All our requests we taken care of by the staff and the management. It feels good when someone from the Managment, i think the name was Jude came upto ask if our stay was good and asked our feedback. It makes you feel important and wanted. The food was really good and made up to high standards. Lovely hotel and amazing staff........

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends