“Amazing and Impressive”

Citrus Hotel Lonavala
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have visited Citrus with my friends recently. I do travelling alot both domestic and internationally but havent found such humble and highly helpful staff. All our requests we taken care of by the staff and the management. It feels good when someone from the Managment, i think the name was Jude came upto ask if our stay was good and asked our feedback. It makes you feel important and wanted. The food was really good and made up to high standards. Lovely hotel and amazing staff........

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank your choosing to stay with Citrus Lonavala. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken out to post your feedback about your experience.
We take great pride in our product and service and we are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.

There are newer reviews for Citrus Hotel Lonavala

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited Citrus Hotel at Lonavala on 17th Aug, 2013 to check out the place. It was really disappointing and not at all a good place to even enjoy buffet lunch. The complete floor mat at the buffet was soggy and very cramped place.
Absolutely waste for such a price (stay and food, both).
My opinion would be - Please avoid this hotel as it is unnecessarily priced high to create the impression.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anirrban

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Citrus Lonavala and taking the time out to post your feedback.

I have gone through the concerns that you have mentioned. It has always been our endeavor to ensure that our guests get their value for money and that has been our prime motive behind renovating the guest facilities. I am also happy to inform you, that the upcoming new wing will have new rooms and restaurants among other state of the art facilities for all our guests.

The open air restaurant that you are referring to happens to be a favorite with most of our guests. Unfortunately the rain gods decided to play truant the day you visited.

I do hope that I can welcome you back to Citrus Lonavala!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited Citrus on business. Situated on a quite lane off the main road, it is quite and charming. Withing walking distance from the market place the hotel rooms cater to a travellers need. The room is well kept with all standard amenities. The view from window is disappointing.The staff is smiling and helpful. Food is good and is adequately portioned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not really impressive! Except for the location of the hotel which is close to the Lonavala station, the hotel fails to live up to the brand name expectations that we had.

We arrived there on a weekend trip with family and group of friends on 9th Aug13. The hotel has a check-in time of 1200 noon. Our train reached Lonavala @0710h and we all were there at the hotel @0730h. We all had to wait for a good two hours at the reception before we could get rooms. It wasted a lot of time of ours which we could have used for excursions and day out.

The reception area which is pretty small leads directly to the garden restaurant which became more of play area for kids as it was raining all through. The fibre sheet roof over the garden restaurant was also leaky at many places.

As there were other families too with kids, it all became very noisy in the garden restaurant area and this noise reached to rooms also as all room open overlooking the garden restaurant. The rooms are not very spacious, except for corner rooms like Room No. 10 on first floor. The bathrooms are also cramped and not big enough for families. The AC OD units are placed just outside the bathroom window and creates a lot of noise. If by chance you open this window, you get to see a very sordid view.

Hot water is a big problem at the hotel. We had to take shower with cold water next morning after waiting for more than an hour while they tried to unsuccessfully rectify the problem. When they switched on the pump to get some hot water to shower, it only resulted in dirty water out of taps and shower. On complaining it to the hotel reception was like "So what if the hot water is not there, please adjust". The people managing the reception are not courteous and concerned towards guests comfort and convenience. Surprized to see the TripAdvisor Certifcate they display proudly at the reception where this hotel has been given a good rating.

The swimming pool area is very isolated and away from the rooms.
They have a mini theatre that could make the kids busy for sometime, else there is nothing to keep them busy.

The only good part was the food and staff courtesy at the restaurant.

Overall it is just not worth the tariff and the name tag. NO from me atleast, unless they improve.

Room Tip: Prefer corner rooms as these are bigger, if you prefer this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SAMMY_SAY_HI

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out to review the hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us an insight into aspects wherein we could do more to satisfy our guests.

I am indeed disappointed to learn of your experience during your stay with us. Having said that, I wish to convey that we try to accommodate to guests who come in early possible manner. However, the hotel being on high occupancy on the night before prevented us from doing so.

My team and I have read your review thoroughly and have taken action on the points mentioned by you. Rest assured that my team and I, leave no stone unturned to provide our guests with a memorable stay.

I am sure that you will the positive changes on your future visits here.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hospitality at this hotel is great! Buffet has a variety of food ranging from South Indian dishes to western breakfast items such as bread, juice, cereal etc., Staff take excellent care of you. For lunch or dinner, restaurant which has a buffet with a variety of food .

And i am all impressed not only of its elegance but also the excellent service provided to us by the people in the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yogeshpanickar
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I like citrus as group very much because I had visited Goa & Mahabaleshwar before but this hotel is not up to the mark. I had booked citrus for 4 days. It was heavily raining in the month of July. Atmosphere was very good but because of heavy rain I was not able to go outside. In addition to that Game house, Spa, Gym every indoor amenities are under construction. Movies offer in theatre was hopeless. Was badly stucked in the Hotel. Staff was not so good. Feel like jail. Also very costly not worth. You will get better option in Lonavala. Even location is not good at all. Avoid this hotel with 6 month view at least.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ganmax4cast

Dear Guest,

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Citrus on a groupon coupon which wasn't cheap. They have a nice and friendly staff. However, the service is poor. The restaurant had really dirty seats.

The rooms are spacious and clean but lack any view. All you see is bungalows around the property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out to post your valuable feedback.

I have noted the issue that you have has during your stay with us and we are in the process of rectifying the same. I am sure you will see the positive changes on your future visits here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus Lonavala.