Citrus Hotel Lonavala
Mystica Resort(Khandala)
$89
  • Breakfast included
OYO 7293 Basilica Holiday Home(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$58
$36
Fariyas Resort Lonavala(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$96
$78
$61
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Cloud 9 Hills Resort(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$72
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Dukes Retreat(Khandala)(Great Value!)
$145
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Upper Deck Resort Pvt. Ltd.(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate theatremini theatreswimming poolpremier roomspecial thankspleasant stayrooms are smallgames roomcourteous staffexcellent staybreakfast spreadmain marketfood qualitydinner buffetfront officespecial mentionhotel staff
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I believe Citrus is tarnishing its image by letting this hotel operate under its franchise.
First thing first, the location - at the end of a long, narrow, dark corridor off the main road.
Rooms - Rooms though contemporary but are badly designed. We took a deluxe room. A portion of the wall separating the bath and bedroom was of frosted glass. And every time you open the bath door and if you are not careful in holding it, it went straight ahead and banged against the frosted glass portion with a huge bang. First time it happened, we thought the glass will fall out.
Food - We had read on TA that there wood fired pizza was too good to resist. One of the reasons we took this property was its famed pizza. At night when we call the restaurant to order food only to find their oven is all wet due to rains seeping in, what a huge letdown.
Entertainment - They have a mini theater where you can book and watch movies with your family. Very nice amenity. But here goes the spoiler. Despite having a long list of movie DVDs, they dont have most of them available. Either they have not been returned, or they are scratched and unusable. Excuses. We ended up watching Night at the Museum 2 because we had promised our son a movie.
Sleep - They had construction going on at the adjacent plot where they are adding more rooms. So you can imagine the sleep quality.
Breakfast - This was the biggest concern we had during our 1N stay. Could you believe it...just a 1N stay wrought with so many problems. Okay, in the morning they said, as there are just 2 other guests apart from us(we were visiting on weekdays), they have decided to do away with the buffet breakfast, instead they will serve in room. It was a big shock. We are avid travelers and never before we have encountered such a situation. Here this 4* Citrus property was denying us an inclusion. Buffet bfast allows you to pick and choose items of your taste in whatever quantity you desire. Room service is of fixed quantity and if you dont like it..it just gets wasted. And we hate food wastage. A huge furore ensued but they did not relent. And in the end, lot of food wasted. We kept cringing. Later we found out there were more guests than they were reporting to be. Liars.
Finally it was time to leave and we took a sigh of relief. We left, never to come back again.

Citrus, are you listening???

Room Tip: Dont take deluxe rooms.
1  Thank SidewaysCA
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Citrus and taking the time out to post your candid feedback.

I am indeed disappointed to know that there have been a host of concerns during your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for falling short on deliverables. I have taken these issues up very seriously and have arrested the same.

I personally believe that an a la carte menu always allows one to order as per your liking in any quantity that you wish. I assure you that it was only your comfort in mind when we offered to serve you breakfast in the room, in the absence of the breakfast buffet.

Having said this, your experience is a far cry from the usual standards of hospitality that we maintain at our property and rest assured that my team and I, will leave no stone unturned in maintaining our high levels of service.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

What was good -

The rooms are excellent. I have not seen such beautifully laid out rooms. Very well furnished, fresh and lively.

Staff was very courteous, and service excellent

Nice open green lawn and nice swimming pool.

What We did not like -
There are many actually.

a. There is no view. The place is behind the ST depot in a quiet lane. Rooms faced another dilapidated bungalow.
b. Bang on the road - The reception door is bang on road. There is hardly any porch, or open space in the front. Seemed more like a business hotel, then a holiday place.
c. Other Amenities - The play section was relocated. The equipment were not at all maintained well. They have a nice movie hall - one can choose a DVD and sit in there - but the movie-room stinks, as if it has not been used for some decades now.
d. NO LIFT - THIS IS A BIG REASON WHY I WILL NEVER GO HERE. ALL ROOMS ARE ON FIRST/SECOND FLOOR WITH NO LIFTS TO GO UP. MY PARENTS, AFTER CLIMBING TWO STORIES, DECIDED TO STAY PUT FOR REST OF THE DAY.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, and none of them have a view. So pick any, does not matter.
3  Thank SatyamevJ
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Citrus Lonavala and taking the time out to post your feedback.
My staff and I are happy to hear your words of appreciation. This motivates us to set our standards above and beyond the normal call of duty.
I have gone through the concerns that you have mentioned and have taken corrective action with regards to the movie theatre. I am also happy to inform you, that the upcoming new wing will have elevators, among other state of the art facilities for all our guests.
I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The location is a major let down which prevents this hotel from being excellent .

The rooms are fine and the cleanliness and service quality is what seperates it from other hotels.
Great place to go with your kids as their are quite a few activities that they can embark on.

Food tastes fine and whatever they lack in variation , they make it up with their warmth of their service.

Decent place for family vacation.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the dinning area view.... Atleast you'll have a view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
My staff and I are happy to hear your words of recognition of our service. This motivates us to set our standards above and beyond the normal call of duty.
I do hope that we will see you and your family here again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Well Checked in with a few friends and kids. The Checkin was good and smooth.

However the food is a little dull, since in a place like this the food is expected to be excellent. The dessert was very good though.

Since I am writing this after a few weeks of my visit, I don't know if the damp walls are fixed. The hotel is generally full on weekends, knowing this the management was painting the hotel rooms lobby. This was very pungent and annoying.

As far as open space is concerned, there is a small lawn right next tithe pool, there is no other area to play in the open.

The games room is fair, one air hockey table and a table tennis.

Parking facilities are on the road side. ( they do have a security guard )

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view. S be happy with what u get
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time out to post your feedback.
I am disappointed to learn that we have fallen short of your expectations, during your stay with us. I have shared your views with my Chef and rest assured that you will see the changes on your future visits here.
We noticed the damp walls that caused the paint to peel off in some rooms and guest areas. Hence, the need to urgently get the painting done and arrest the issue at the earliest.
I do look forward to you visiting our property again so that, we can showcase the true hospitality of Citrus Lonavala.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cirus Hotel offers a very calm and comfortable environment. Being situated in a hill station one would expect a great location, valley view / lake view etc. but though Citrus does not have a great location and view to offer, it compensates with very good serivce, a homely atmosphere, well appointed rooms and good food.
This was my first experience at Citrus, Lonavala. Went on a sudden weekend trip and managed to get a room at Citrus, without any advance booking. I never knew that this would turn out to be one of my best holiday experiences in terms of hotel stay.
We stayed at the premium room, which was spacious, clean and well maintained. The best part was the dining area which was unique in its own way. An open area layed out with tables similar to a open poolside setup, with a high roof just to block direct sun and rain. The ambience was excellent. The pool area was had a similar feel, lush green and well maintained.
The cherry on the cake was the ever smiling staff and their service, felt completely at home. Very courteous, friendly, well mannered and impeccable service. I will not agree with any traveller who would say otherwise about the service and staff manners.
The food was also good, breakfast was excellent with great taste and a good spread. The dinner buffet has less to offer but whatever was available, tasted good.
All in all we had a great experience and a comfortable stay, I definately would like to visit this place again and would recommend all fellow travellers to visit Citrus Hotel.

Room Tip: Currently all rooms have an average view, but wait for a year and the new additions will have pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank your choosing to stay with Citrus Lonavala. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken out to post your feedback about your experience.
We take great pride in our product and service and we are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.
I do look forward to seeing you back at Citrus Lonavala soon!