“Good value for money Hotel”

Citrus Hotel Lonavala
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Citrus Lonavala during last week of Oct'12 with my family. The booking was done very efficiently by Utpal. We opted for 2N/3D package and our stay was excellent. The hotel is not widely spread or extravagant but is ideal to relax with family and spend quality time. We were greeted warmly by Anilbhai & Amrutha and offered welcome drink. Our room was ready before their standard check in time i.e 12 noon. The room was okay type nothing very special. But it was was neat and clean. The the buffet breakfast was delicious and all staff members at restaurant were on their toes to serve us. I must say that the highlight of our stay was Citrus staff. They are extremely polite, supportive and always ready to serve you with smile. I would like to specially thank Gaurav and Rathore for treating us so nicely during breakfast and meals. It seems they do not have “NO” word in their dictionary. You name it and they will serve you. I must say we are pampered a lot by restaurant staff. Food (meals) at open restaurant is good but I believe that it could have been better if they increase number of options/dishes. Breakfast in morning with presence of birds chirping and dinner at night gives you a very soothing and nice feeling. They also have small mini theater where you can watch movies. My kid really enjoyed personal theater. They are planning to expand their capacity in number of rooms and some new construction work was going on. I found only one area where Citrus Lonavala need to tackle at war front and that is water quality in bathroom. It stinks and sometimes comes in all shades brown, grey and black. I have highlighted this issue to concern staff members and am sure that management will take corrective actions. Finally I would like to Thank all staff members of Citrus and specifically Utpal, Rathore & Gaurav for making our stay comfortable and excellent. You guys deserve special applaud, May God Bless you.

3  Thank UShukla
Sandeep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear Mr. Shukla,

We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good time. the team always strives to keep our guests comfortable. At Citrus, we take our guests seriously and we always ensure that they are always looked after.

There are newer reviews for Citrus Hotel Lonavala

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 nights. Lonavala was 2nd place of our stay in our driving trip to Maharashtra. Our stay was made comfortable by the excellent and helpful staff. The buffet breakfast was good. The wood fire pizza is a must try and is way better than any of the common pizza place as California kitchen etc...price much lower any day with the toppings being aplenty. The rooms were very clean. Parking is just outside the hotel but didn't face any issue. The only worry is their location if you follow GPS, we used Sygic in our IPad and it lead us to a location further from the hotel. The best way to find is to look for Surya Resort on the old highway and take the lane adjacent to this resort, go to the dead end and take left, the resort is a few meters from the dead end. The hotel board is at the dead end but the management of the hotel can think about putting up the Hotel direction board on the old high way around Surya Resort. The hotel management can also work towards updating the GPS location to prevent guests being mislead.

1  Thank ArunodayChatterjee
Sandeep C, Operations Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Dear Mr. Chatterjee,

Your compliments are really encouraging us to keep delivering genuine hospitality both in products & services to our guests. It is such a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay during your visit with us. Rest assures that I will share your kind compliments to the entire team.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was a bit skeptical to book this hotel inspite of the fact that this was the most preferred hotel in Lonavala on a few review websites. However i trusted those reviews and went ahead with the booking for celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary. I'm happy that i made a right choice.
During check in i was warmly greeted by Amruta (their front desk executive) who promptly completed the check in formalities. The suite room was well maintained and lived up to its expectations. Neat and well maintained bathrooms with all the amenities and toileteries. I would suggest booking the suite room which is spacious with all the amenities and its good for kids to play around. My daughter and i used to play hide and seek which was a real fun. The hotel arranged a cake and a bouquet of flowers for my anniversary on a complimentary basis.

The food at their open air restaurant is good and you can enjoy the breakfast like a king, the chef keeps asking you about food and asks for suggestions. The pizza made in their brick oven is also quite good.

The pool is quite large and well maintained. Had a great time in the pool as well. The hotel arranges for sightseeing. Overall a nice place to spend time with family and that too close to Mumbai. I didnt realise how my weekend was over and i had to return back to Mumbai.

This will be must visit hotel, next time if i ever visit Lonavala. Recommended to all who want to visit Lonavala.

Room Tip: Ask for garden / restaurant facing suite room on the first floor.
1  Thank Sudesh S

Dear Mr. Sudesh,

Reviewed October 22, 2012

In short if u in seek of comforting break... this is the place.

Snap shot of two days visit.

I had not got a chance to have holiday for almost an year. The first thing we did was pick up our sling bag turn on the car and leave. We wanted to live in a comforting place which takes care of our vacation.

To our surprise not many hotels were of the quality and service in the city, before spending too much time hunting for a good place we ended up @ Citrus. The staff was welcoming warm and in true sense understand hospitality.

Property is spread across in to two segments with closely knit rooms. Still gives you brilliant space of your own. Has one of finest swimming pool in Lonavala and very comforting staff.

Food will keep your taste buds happy...:)

Room Tip: u will feel safe, cozy and comforted with them.
2  Thank neha6500

Dear Ms. Neha,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had booked this place for my parents to stay for the weekend. We checked the reviews and thought it would be a good place especially for the heavy price of 7000 per day they were charging.

To our surprise, the food that they served was stale, felt like left overs. The bathrooms were not good, flush not working, lights in room were not proper and even the TV was not working.

Same menu for breakfast for both the days.

Overall what we thought would be a good getaway for them turned out to be an unpleasant experience.....

We ended up arguing and got one day free for their poor servies

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katrishak

Dear Guest,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit to the hotel. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to our heads of department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, We apologise for the inconvenience and annoyance those incidents caused.

I request you to please treat this incident as non-representative of the Citrus experience and give us another opportunity to make amends.

you may reach me on sandeep.chandan@citrushotels.in for any further assistance.

Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice romantic getaway for a couple of days near Mumbai and after checking various travel sites, came across Citrus at Lonavala. Going through its impressive reviews and pics, we zeroed in on this place and went there on the second weekend of September.

Leaving early from Mumbai to avoid the traffic, we reached there an hour before the check-in time and were greeted with a nice refreshing welcome drink. The receptionist Amruta was courteous enough to provide us with an early check-in to our Deluxe room on the first floor. True to the pictures, the room matched our expectations and had a distinct fragrance of citrus the moment we stepped in!!! The room was extremely neat and the bathroom sparkling clean, complete with all basic toileteries. To top it all, all the electrical appliances could be controlled via a central remote which was pretty cool!!

We stepped down for lunch and went to Biso, their in-house restaurant. The restaurant is extremely quaint, with an artificial lawn for flooring which gives it a nice outdoor look. We ordered Bruschetta for starters and the chef-recommended Chicken Biryani and Raita for main course. The food throughout our stay was exemplary, including their wood-fired pizzas which we devoured for dinner. We also had a Chicken Sweet-n-Sour soup during dinner. We ended the dinner with nice piping hot gulab jamuns. The breakfast buffet next morning was exhaustive and included cornflakes, milk, juices, live counters for dosas and omlettes, toast breads, jams, idlis, etc. Both of us rated the food there 4/5. Ironically, the room service is cheaper than dine-in. The service was top-notch too, a 5/5, with the waiters being extremely attentive, yet not overbearing. We even enjoyed a nice 5-minute conversation on Lonavala and Citrus with one of the waiters.

It started raining heavily the moment we decided to check out their newly-constructed swimming pool and the staff immediately provided us with Umbrellas. Unfortunately, we could not enjoy a swim in the delightful-looking pool. They also have an extremely well-maintained Games Room which has a Foosball, Pool, Air Hockey and Table-tennis table, and a carrom board.

The checkout was also quick and easy. Our overall experience with Citrus has been extremely memorable and we could not have asked for a better getaway from our hectic schedules. We have been to many hotels and the staff at Citrus was one of the friendliest and most courteous staff we have met. One of the rare places where my girlfriend and I cannot find a negative point to express. Kudos to the entire management and staff at Citrus and my girlfriend and I have decided to make Citrus our "preferred" hotel whenever we visit Lonavala in the future :) :) :)

Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a quite and nice private time with your loved one!

Room Tip: Try out their wood fired pizzas Ask for a garden-facing room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ajay0205

Dear Mr. Ajay,

Thank you for the review about us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hospitality, food and ambience. I have also made a note of your concern and would work to improve on it.

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our associates delighted you. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the resort with fond memories.

We do look forward to your return to our hotel in not so distant future. If I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me. We thank you for your patronage of Citrus Lonavala.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We took the 2 nights premium room AP package. This was our 3rd visit to this property and the first one after the change in name. What we remembered most from the earlier stays was the food which had made an indelible mark on our palates. The premium room size was not as much as indicated or perhaps exaggerated by their reservations office in Mumbai (350 sq ft) but reasonably spacious and comfortable. The room by itself was impeccable, wall paint as good as new, fresh and clean linen, a king bed with sitting facilities on either side and an LCD TV and DVD completed the picture perfect. The AC functioned well and cooling was good. However the room did not offer a good view and looked into an old dilapidated residential structure. The bathroom matched the room in terms of cleanliness and supplements and was large enough with a glass partitioned shower cubicle.
The hotel is located in a residential area and misses out on the natural offerings of a hill station. No mountain, valley or forest views. The Management has tried to compensate by providing potted plants and a green carpet of artificial grass between the two wings of the property. The dining area is also located here. This is perhaps the best spot in the hotel where one can enjoy meals with the constant chirping of sparrows creating sweet music with the sound of falling rain in the background. A well equipped but not well maintained games room takes care of the other activities one can indulge in. A mini 9-10 seat theatre is also an added attraction. And when the theater is not showing the movie of the day you can pick one of your choice from a fixed list provided by the reception. The front office as well as the dining staff are soft spoken and warm in their approach to guests. Overall our stay was comfortable. However, we were disappointed with the food and suggest the management modifies the AP menu.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gurbaksh

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time & effort in sharing your wonderful experience. I am pleased to note that the experience at Citrus Resorts met your expectations & made your stay enjoyable.

We value your support and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.