“best avoided.”

Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Vadodara, India
“best avoided.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had been to the resort for an offsite meeting, which required overnight stay and two day workshop. on reaching the hotel, found that the rooms were not ready. Were told in a brusque tone that we will have to wait for the rooms to get ready. Rooms were ready after around an hour and half of arrival. waiters either are all deaf or they completely ignore you. same goes for all the staff around brusque and bordering on rude. Food quality was ok. Room had abundant mosquitoes. there was a problem with electrical fixture in room, where we insert room card for room electrification. Power used to go on and off due to this problem. Housekeeping assured me this was the same problem in all the rooms, and hence i need not bother to change room !!. i need to keep toggling the card till the lights stay on. Some of the lamps in the room were not operational, however i did not by now bother to trouble the housekeeping. Boy i was glad to leave, when the time was up !!

Room Tip: after reading my review if you still want to stay here, i feel then any room would do.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank nairsantho
TheLagoonaResort, Asst Vice President at The Lagoona Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Mr.Nair,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

I am sure that you will understand that to maintain and run a hotel, we have to sell rooms.

All hotels have a check-in time and a check out time. Your group had reached well before check in time and hence we did request you to wait for rooms. To be able to give you rooms ready upon arrival, i will have to keep them vacant a day prior, which is not being fair to my business.

I sincerely hope you will understand and appreciate that.

Your group coordinator was responsible for allocating rooms that were being given to him as and when they were getting ready.

Most unfortunate that you could have got your room towards the end.

Our team is friendly and guest centric. I presume that the wait for room had put you off by then and you must have found everything going awry by then.

Believe me Mr. Nair, we are guided by fair and principled business ethics and abide by our dedication to guest comfort and delight.

And FYI we have a problem escalation mechanism in the hotel, which you should have duly used.

Nonetheless my team and I will work towards making guest stay as comfortable as possible.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Location of the Hotel is a bit away from main market and in side the residential area. Rooms are comfortable but Bathroom fittings/ fixtures are not maintained and will find broken. Many lights in the rooms were not working and on giving complaint also it was not attended. Mini bar is available but will find empty.

On service part, serving staff at dining area are very unprofessional. On week ends buffet dinner is arranged but on week days when occupancy is low, a-la-carte menu is served with very limited and non standard options. Even if some thing is ordered out of the limited menu, it will not be served in time and also they will change it (from Non veg to Veg etc) at their will and finally cut a sorry figure.

At reception area also, the staff is not professional at all and talk in a very casual manner.

Gym or spa is not available. Pool is also operating up to 8 PM.

Overall, it is a average hotel and not at all value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank nnmit
Dear Mr. NNMit,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Ours is a very big resort property and many of our guests find it to be a blessing to be 2.5 km away from the market. After all they come to escape the hustle and bustle of their daily life.
I will surely look into the fixtures aspect of our rooms and do the necessary changes.

We keep the mini fridges in our rooms for your comfort, so that you are able to have a cooling facility for the beverages our guests bring.

I will most certainly address the staff etiquette issue. My apologies for their rude behaviour.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The property is good only from the outside... Inside its a totally different story... The basic difference between standard and deluxe room is that deluxe room has a floor carpet... N these people are bloody charging 1000 bucks for a carpet... Buffet is horrible... Service n staff are too unfriendly... The reception staff don't know anything about hospitality... Towels are dirty... Face wash n shampoos were already used when we checked in... At 12 am they close all the lights of the hotel... They don't bother even if u r sitting n enjoying with your family in their fun lobby... A total waste of money

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank 468shreyaa
TheLagoonaResort, Asst Vice President at The Lagoona Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Ms.Shreya,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback.

The property is good from outside and inside as well.

Yes there is a difference between a wooden flooring room and a carpeted room and yes we do charge different rates for the same, but not without informing the guest.

I guess you have been upset over this differential charging and hence the review that you have posted.

My team would have surely assisted you in some manner to make you feel at ease in our other category rooms, if you were so unhappy with the room that you selected.

I sure will ensure that hotel staff is more sensitive to guests, especially when they are sitting and enjoying with their family in the lobby.

The Lagoona Resort

Travelers are raving about these Lonavala hotels

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had a good time. We reached an hour early before check in time and were given the room within 10 minutes. Cleanliness and Pool were good. Service could have been better. Overall we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Bhaskar H
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

we paid 7000 per night for deluxe room for a weekend stay(sat-sun) ..we were checked in ONE HOUR after we arrived(1.30 PM).. on entering the room the staff were still cleaning it and the room was completely different than the pictures..after they left we found the minibar to be EMPTY.. even the basic things like bottled water was not provided till late evening(8 PM).. and that too we had to call and ask for it.. whats the use of providing coffee and tea powder without water???!! which brings me to the next issue the coffee/tea maker was broken and not working! so we called housekeeping and were promised a replacement which we never got! basic things like bath soap and shampoo were also not provided on the 2nd day.. also no showercap!! the housekeeping guys get a zero rating! reallly horrid service! they wont even pickup the call in case you bother calling.. NO FRUIT BASKET !!

Room Tip: avoid deluxe rooms not worth the money!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank kotekar1976
Dear Mr. Kotekar,

Thank you for taking time and giving us your feedback with not so good experience during your stay.

I am deeply concerned to know that we were unable to meet your expectations. Nothing seemed to have gone right with your stay. This is terrible and i have no words to express my regret.

As soon as we read this review we have taken stern corrective measures with the Housekeeping Dept and will make sure that such kind of inconvenience is not caused to our guests in future.

Truly, disappointed that we were not able to wow you as much as some of our other guests. Do lend us an opportunity to do that for you on your next visit at The Lagoona Resort.

Also would like to make good for the damaged caused.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at lagoona on 31st May 1st June Weekend. This hotel has deteriorated completely in terms of service levels.
AC was not working, AC panel had no display, after complaining repeatedly for 4-5 times in the night they still could not fix the issue and we were given a fan to make do.
The officer in charge by the name of Sachin was extremely rude and in sensitive.
The shower was not working and after a point we stopped complaining since there was no one to listen.
Pl do not visit this place in any circumstances. . THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Viveck J
Dear Mr. Vivek Jain,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your valuable feedback.

I am saddened to know that the aircon in your room was non functional due to the faulty AC panel.
Our team should have spotted this earlier and fixed it. Apologies for this slip up.

I take responsibility for the behaviour of my staff and we sure did take stern action against the concerned person.

As far as the shower experience is concerned, i would like to inform you that we have replaced all the old shower heads with new ones and hence the shower problem is sorted. Sorry you had to suffer because of it.

Whilst i would like to assure you that we do work on the drawbacks highlighted by our guests, we have also worked out a map for refurbishing and replacing certain amenities in the resort.

In due course of time you will surely find enhanced features and amenities in the hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Usually I do not write extreme negative reviews but unfortunately this hotel is my worst experience ever. I booked a deluxe room for a day. Manager offered me Room No. 205. When I entered the room, it was stone cold. I soon realized that energy key tag was not working. Not only that, A/c controller was also dead leaving it to lowest temperature setting (see video).

When I entered the room I got another shock. The room interiors were completely different than what shown on the web site. There was no fruit basket as promised in the package. To get rid of cold I tried to open the balcony door & realized that it too was not opening & closing smoothly (see video).

I asked the Manager if it is really a deluxe room & why it is not like shown on the web. I was told that all those rooms are booked & welcome drink and fruit basket is on the way. I received it after some time. After a lot of noise I was shown another room (No. 229) at 3:30PM which looked like on the web. It was “recently checked out” (Check out time is 10 AM). After 90 minutes of wait & 2 reminders the room was cleaned and given to me.

My perils were not over yet. This new room had no mini refrigerator, had only one chair in the balcony and worst of it – no hot water (see video). After some time hot water started and I was shocked to see that the water was completely muddy as if the line was started after several days (see video). I requested for a bucket & mug and it was given after 1 hour of wait and 1 reminder. There was no morning news paper as it was promised in the package. Well – I stopped complaining after some time.

There were few positive sides. The staff was courteous and helpful. In fact it was for one staff I could know that room number 229 was available. The breakfast was good though it did not have extensive options. Rooms are spacious. Back light around the TV (like ambi-light) looks good. Bathroom is spacious too. The shower had 3 settings. The one with bullet like water jet was fun.

To sum it up, this hotel management is worst I ever seen. They don’t respond to guest’s request on time. Rooms are not well cleaned & emit a smell. I do not recommend this hotel based on my experience.

Room Tip: Rooms have different interiors. If you are booking on the web, please check with management if you w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family