“Huge property, getting old”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Huge property, getting old”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Visited the resort for a business conference & stayed for 2 days. The checking in was smooth but unfortunately my room entry card got deactivated ( as per the front desk lady) as I had carried it along with my phone (never heard of such a phenomenon before!!). As our program was from morning 9 - evening 7 nothing much could be done, except for a 20 mins swim in the indoor pool. Must admit the pool is really inviting & the water is clean with very less chlorine in it. On weekends it gets too crowded, but didn't matter to us much as we were most of the time indoors. Food is OK, the spread is large, quality average. The non veg stuff is better than veg, dessert were not that great.
Although huge in size & clean, the rooms made you feel that you were staying in a very old hotel,

Room Tip: Opt for room facing the lawn to enjoy the morning atmosphere sitting in the balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Kapil,

Thank you for your feedback. I am regret your experience of key deactivation,. which does happen at times due to magnetic field amalgamation, however, please be rest assured that we will soon eliminate this glitch by upgrading our locking system to RFID. Also I have taken note of your comment about the food in general and deserts in specific, which I have shared with our Executive Chef and assure you that he will certainly look into it and make necessary adjustments to suite corporate palate. Further please allow me to inform you that we are in the midst of renovation plan for our old wing and hope to showcase you our new room soon.

I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product, facilities & services.

We look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort, Lonavla in the near future.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me for any assistance that you may require.

Best Regards,

Jagar Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Everything is nice about this five star property. Nice rooms, nice pool, nice play area, nice lounge, nice food. Enjoyed the stay. Went out to chill with friends, which was a wonderful experience. Although the facility is pricey, but okay for once in a while.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Medhekar,

Thank you for staying with us and for your appreciative comments about our product and services. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with your friends and left with positive impression. We will surely revisited our pricing, which I am sure you will agree with me is in line with rest of the resorts of same type. .

We look forward to welcoming you back at Fariyas Resort Lonavla in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Its a place where you can choose to decide what kind of holiday you wish to have-peaceful,relaxing,eventful,playful ?Theres something for all. CAUTION: It can get extremely crowded in vacations & weekends...so if u r looking for some couple/alone time, your Room is the only choice.Swimming pool with slides is the USP and something that makes it fun.Gaming arcade for kids can engage your kids though most of the games etc are out-dated.
Breakfast spread, Lunch buffet are lavish and varied.This place is on the expensive side but you wont complain much.

Room Tip: Ask for Pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Ron,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to know that you liked our product and services and enjoyed your stay. I have shared your appreciation with my team who are equally happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again for your patronage and look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

With best regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed in Fariyas with wife and kids on the weekend.Positives- Rooms are good and clean. Checkin was quick and efficient. Breakfast and Dinner were excellent. Staff are courteous and quick. Indoor swimming pool is good for kids. Outdoor slides and swimming pool are well maintained and you thoroughly enjoy with your family.
Negatives- Entry and Exit to Fariyas from NH-4 is dangerous and accident prone. Approach road is ill maintained and full of potholes.Lack of activities for kids other than swimming pool. Difficult to play table tennis as the ball repeatedly falls in the indoor swimming pool. Carrom is existing and kept near the indoor swimming pool.
Had a challenging experience during checkout as unknown female called up from reception and abused us for delay even though we had asked us for a checkout within time. Complained to the Manager but they were unable to trace the unknown caller. Puts a question mark on the privacy and security of the hotel as unknown persons have access to reception area.(call was not a room-to-room call and was from the reception)

Room Tip: Pl. take central rooms above the reception area and facing the highway,view is good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandeep k
Dear Mr Sandeep K.

Thank you for your patronage and candid feedback about our product and services. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. However at the same time I am concerned that you had two accidents at the entrance road. I sincerely regret your this experience and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be rest assured that we have already approached Lonavla Municipal Corporation to give us permission to reconstructed the road. We expect the approval in a week’s time and will commence the work there after.

Thank you for your feedback and please do let me know about your next visit so that I can assist you with arrangements.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Mumbai
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have stayed multiple times and the property never fails to impress. Fabulous stay in the moonsoon and amazing buffet spread. Big rooms with a balcony facing the hills and the express way. Haved stayed during Xmas and my son enjoyed the Ginger bread decor and the Xmas tree put up. Buffet spread is super good and they serve some really nice coffee too. They have an indoor pool and there are a couple of activities for kids and the play room too. The SPA is nice too. All in all the best place to get away from Mumbai within 2 hours.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the express way
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kajal P
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ms. Kajal

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to know that you liked our product and services and enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with team who are equally happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

It is soon going to be Christmas Time again, we look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Best regards,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed in Fariyas for a weekend. We drove from Mumbai and reached little early. We requested for 30mins early check in but that was not really entertained by the staff even though the rooms were available. Apart from front office, found rest of the staff really nice and polite.
The breakfast and dinner buffets offer good variety. The water rides are best in the resort, you can actually spend entire day with friends and family within the resort.
We got valley facing room, the room needed little renovation as whitewash patches were too clear. We requested to shift to other room but was again rejected by front office staff. Otherwise the room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Opt for pool facing rooms for better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PayalKh
Dear Ms. Payal,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to know that you liked our Services. However at the same time I am concerned that our front office team could not give you early check-in. Also I have noted your comment about the room renovation. Please be rest assured that I have addressed your check in time with the front office team. I sincerely regret your this experience and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Further I am happy to inform you that we are already in the process of undertaking renovation of our old wing and soon the work will commence. I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product and services.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

With best regards,

mumbai
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have been regularly visiting this place and every time it seems that there is still something to be explored and entices one to come back again and again. The place is awesome for everybody in the family. I normally go there with my wife, daughter and son. Infact we were there last week and my son was requesting if we could stay for one more day. The service is excellent and the entire staff is very courteous. The rooms are excellent and the food - just cant get over the spread. Must say that this is a very well managed place and I feel that instead of buying a second home in Lonavla, I would always prefer staying at Fariyas and enjoy being treated truly like a King.

Room Tip: Normally prefer a suite facing the water sport side
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jaffriS
Dear Mr. Jaffri,

Thank you for staying with us and for your appreciative comments about our product and services. I am glad to note that you have left with a positive impression.

Best Regards