“" Excellent Resort, well behaved Staff and very good service"”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was there with my Family recently and we throughly enjoyed staying their for 3 days…Excellent Staff…very Co-opeartive and we never felt that we are away from home…Resort was full but we were made to feel "special"…and I must say all other tourist must have been treated the same…Wide spread buffet was there during all meals..tasty and delicious…We enjoyed the water park also..it is free for those who are staying at resort…there were guides and staff to assist us in Water park…it was fantastic…special thanks to Mr.Partha who was very caring and accommodating…I will highly recommend this resort to everyone…

All the best and keep it up!!!.

cheers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Mr Amitranjan

I have conveyed your comments to the team and they are very happy to know that you all enjoyed our food and services. It is very satisfying for all of us as such guest experiences is what we all strive for.

Thank you for your feedback once again and look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

There is a distinct difference in service, efficiency between weekdays and weekends, especially during the peak season, which is the rainy season (mid July to end September). People from the 2 nearest cities, Mumbai and Pune come here to enjoy the rains, the greenery, the dense fog over the mountains - unfortunately, they can only come during the weekends, which makes check-in-check-out a painful experience. The staff are all very polite and eager to please, though often unable to do so because they are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers!
The indoor activities like tabletennis and carrom can only be enjoyed during the day, which is a bit of a damper as the artificial lighting in the recreation area is very poor.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors.. ask for the highest floor with a view of the outdoor swimming pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Dr Quresh

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and liked our product and services. However at the same time we have taken note of your check in and check out experience. Thank you for bringing it to our notice.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

An extremely expensive place which does little to highlight the beautiful surroundings of Lonavla. The majority of the travelers likely with a room and a meal plan, seem to come here mainly to snack, eat and then eat some more (the girth of many of these people clearly suggests that they should not partake in a bountiful buffet). Food quality is OK and some what repetitive.The saving grace of the hotel (and a major draw for kids) is a water park with several slides. The water park has been designed in naturally on the slope of the hill. The Indoor pool area and water park were clean. The Lonavla area is a hill station with excellent opportunities for outdoor exploration, especially after monsoon rains. However this hotel wastes such a picturesque location and does not provide much guidance on what to do nearby and does not organize any trips or hiking or nature activities. The area is also surrounded by various historic man-made caves - the hotel does not highlight this either. As mentioned earlier, the focus of the travelers here seems to be to tuck in as much food as possible in the given time and for some of them to spend time near the water slides. The rooms were somewhat dated and a strong humid musty smell greets you on entering the rooms. However the rooms were clean with clean sheets and fresh towels. The place had a lot of houseflies, including many in the food, perhaps due to the monsoon rains. It also has a nice Tavern which is nice to hangout in, though even this place has the musty smell and whimsically priced drinks. The Indoor pool area comes alive at night with a band(?) playing off-key music. There are no other dining options in walking distance from this hotel - you have to brave the traffic jams in Lonavla or drive towards Khandala.

Room Tip: Request and get the odd numbered rooms for the valley (and water park) view. Try and avoid the even...
1  Thank vshyd

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback with regard to many of our activities or lack of it. I am concerned to know that we failed to live up to your expectations especially in the area of concierge and musty smell. I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience cased.

I have discussed your comment with our team and have taken corrective action. Thank you for bringing it to our notice and being our tutorial.

My apologies once again and I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

In simple words, it’s not worth for money. Pathetic room service with worst possible management.
AC in the deluxe room was not working; post informing management 5-6 times, technician arrived after 1 hour to fix the issue, albeit for some time only. The AC was down all night and no response from management.
The room had no basic stuffs like, towel, slippers and soap and had to ask multiple times to get such basic things.
Overall, you feel you had stayed at some sub-standard lodge considering the price you are paying for such below standard service and facility.
A big no for anyone who is planning to visit this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nitsnath123

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am concerned to know that we failed on all fronts to live to your minimum expectation of air conditioning and housekeeing amenities. I sincerely regret your experience and inconvenience cased to you.

I have discussed your comment with our chief engineer and executive housekeeper and assure you that will look into this and take corrective action.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently, I went for Alacart lunch with my family, we had to wait for almost 30 mins for the food to arrive. After waiting all this time, The waiter served me something I didn't order, when I asked about it, he started arguing with me trying to prove me wrong. Finally I had to call the chef, who agreed it was their fault, I had to wait for another 20 mins for my order to be remade. By this time, all my family had finished thier lunch. The dish served was hastily prepared, no quality, stale sea food taste. The waiter didn't even apogize but gave me arrogant stares and attitude.

This is not how a 5 star property treats their guests. It was one of the worst dining experience. No value for money, no food quality, no good service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Constance55555

Dear Ms Constance

Thank you for your feedback with regard to our restaurant service. I am concerned to know that we failed to deliver basic minimum service standards which are regrettable. I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience cased to you.

I have discussed your comment with our food and beverages manager and have taken corrective action. Thank you for bringing it to our notice and being our tutorial.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Am a frequent traveler and probably have been to most of the places in India, but nowhere have I seen such a exorbitant price being charged for just a normal resort. For 13K per night u get a service nowhere near to even a 3 Star hotel.
Had booked a Premium room but was given a Deluxe room, with the staff providing me with the most stupid excuses with weird logic. Given my kid is just 1, I was loosing out on patience and finally settled for the pathetic Deluxe room in which the linen was dirty with stains on the walls. Also, if I am not wrong there is no AC in the reception lobby area. The pool is OK, guess kids wud enjoy the most in that given the slides and other water activities. Food too was just OK. Location too did not impress me, on one side u see the small kiddo hills of Lonavala with a rail track and on the other side is the highway. Definitely wud not be visiting this property again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sid_Mum
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and subsequent feedback. I am deeply concerned that you where given a room which had stained linen, walls and over all was not a good view room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family. Generally we provide good product, however that has not been the case with you. I sincerely regret your experience as this is not true reflection of our product and services and is below our own expectation as well. Please be rest assured that we will look into all the concern and take corrective action so that this does not get repeated with any of our future guests.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our improved product and services. Please do let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Lonavla. My team and I look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I sincerely regret your experience once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lonavala is a great weekend getaway from Mumbai and Fariyas is a nice place to stay at. For a long time it was the only upscale property in Lonavala. However there are newer options now available.

We were 5 families spending a long week-end at Fariyas. It is still a favourite of a couple of my friends. The location is good (away from congested Lonavala town) and the property is also large enough to have open lawns and an outdoor pool / water park. There are enough activities for the children and adults alike, with water slides at the outdoor pool, an indoor pool, a video gaming parlour and open lawns where one can play cricket (they gave us a kit). My 5 year old loved all this.

So why am I giving Fariyas average rating? Honestly I would call this good (3.5 rating) but I only have the option between average (3) and very good (4). I have gone for the former because I had higher expectations from Fariyas. The dated property is now showing its age and the rooms need refurbishment. It doesn't feel like a luxury 5* property any more. The food was average and the service was a bit of a hit and a miss. The restaurant didn't seem to be staffed well and requests at times took much longer than they really should. On the other hand, when I was injured playing cricket, the staff was eager to help out getting the first aid kit and making sure I was better.

I think it is still a good resort. With a little investment in refurbishment and a little more attention to service it could be a very good or even an excellent resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank prmehta

Dear Mr. Mehta,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.

I have taken note of your comments like property looking old and am happy to inform you that we are in the process of undergoing rooms and restaurant renovation soon. As regards to food and service I regret your experience and please be rest assured that I will address it with the team and make sure that this does not get repeated with any future guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla

Best Regards,