“Avoid”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed August 12, 2013

In simple words, it’s not worth for money. Pathetic room service with worst possible management.
AC in the deluxe room was not working; post informing management 5-6 times, technician arrived after 1 hour to fix the issue, albeit for some time only. The AC was down all night and no response from management.
The room had no basic stuffs like, towel, slippers and soap and had to ask multiple times to get such basic things.
Overall, you feel you had stayed at some sub-standard lodge considering the price you are paying for such below standard service and facility.
A big no for anyone who is planning to visit this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nitsnath123
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am concerned to know that we failed on all fronts to live to your minimum expectation of air conditioning and housekeeing amenities. I sincerely regret your experience and inconvenience cased to you.

I have discussed your comment with our chief engineer and executive housekeeper and assure you that will look into this and take corrective action.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

There are newer reviews for Fariyas Resort Lonavala

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently, I went for Alacart lunch with my family, we had to wait for almost 30 mins for the food to arrive. After waiting all this time, The waiter served me something I didn't order, when I asked about it, he started arguing with me trying to prove me wrong. Finally I had to call the chef, who agreed it was their fault, I had to wait for another 20 mins for my order to be remade. By this time, all my family had finished thier lunch. The dish served was hastily prepared, no quality, stale sea food taste. The waiter didn't even apogize but gave me arrogant stares and attitude.

This is not how a 5 star property treats their guests. It was one of the worst dining experience. No value for money, no food quality, no good service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Constance55555

Dear Ms Constance

Thank you for your feedback with regard to our restaurant service. I am concerned to know that we failed to deliver basic minimum service standards which are regrettable. I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience cased to you.

I have discussed your comment with our food and beverages manager and have taken corrective action. Thank you for bringing it to our notice and being our tutorial.

My apologies once again and I am sure you will give us one more chance to showcase our improved product and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Am a frequent traveler and probably have been to most of the places in India, but nowhere have I seen such a exorbitant price being charged for just a normal resort. For 13K per night u get a service nowhere near to even a 3 Star hotel.
Had booked a Premium room but was given a Deluxe room, with the staff providing me with the most stupid excuses with weird logic. Given my kid is just 1, I was loosing out on patience and finally settled for the pathetic Deluxe room in which the linen was dirty with stains on the walls. Also, if I am not wrong there is no AC in the reception lobby area. The pool is OK, guess kids wud enjoy the most in that given the slides and other water activities. Food too was just OK. Location too did not impress me, on one side u see the small kiddo hills of Lonavala with a rail track and on the other side is the highway. Definitely wud not be visiting this property again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sid_Mum
Jagar T, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and subsequent feedback. I am deeply concerned that you where given a room which had stained linen, walls and over all was not a good view room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family. Generally we provide good product, however that has not been the case with you. I sincerely regret your experience as this is not true reflection of our product and services and is below our own expectation as well. Please be rest assured that we will look into all the concern and take corrective action so that this does not get repeated with any of our future guests.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our improved product and services. Please do let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Lonavla. My team and I look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I sincerely regret your experience once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lonavala is a great weekend getaway from Mumbai and Fariyas is a nice place to stay at. For a long time it was the only upscale property in Lonavala. However there are newer options now available.

We were 5 families spending a long week-end at Fariyas. It is still a favourite of a couple of my friends. The location is good (away from congested Lonavala town) and the property is also large enough to have open lawns and an outdoor pool / water park. There are enough activities for the children and adults alike, with water slides at the outdoor pool, an indoor pool, a video gaming parlour and open lawns where one can play cricket (they gave us a kit). My 5 year old loved all this.

So why am I giving Fariyas average rating? Honestly I would call this good (3.5 rating) but I only have the option between average (3) and very good (4). I have gone for the former because I had higher expectations from Fariyas. The dated property is now showing its age and the rooms need refurbishment. It doesn't feel like a luxury 5* property any more. The food was average and the service was a bit of a hit and a miss. The restaurant didn't seem to be staffed well and requests at times took much longer than they really should. On the other hand, when I was injured playing cricket, the staff was eager to help out getting the first aid kit and making sure I was better.

I think it is still a good resort. With a little investment in refurbishment and a little more attention to service it could be a very good or even an excellent resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank prmehta

Dear Mr. Mehta,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.

I have taken note of your comments like property looking old and am happy to inform you that we are in the process of undergoing rooms and restaurant renovation soon. As regards to food and service I regret your experience and please be rest assured that I will address it with the team and make sure that this does not get repeated with any future guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Their Room Quality, Cleanliness & Room and Resort Ambiance is awasome great Food Quality Perfect Getaway if you are willing to spend and want complete rest to rejunuate yourself. The Location of the Resort is Very Senic and Hospitality Is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Jatin,

Thank you for choosing Fariyas Resort Lonavla and taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging to see comments like yours that makes our team to strive for more.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcome you and your family back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's a lovely hotel to go to during rains. If the outdoors are too cold for you and yet you want to enjoy the rains, then Fariyas resort is the perfect answer. It's just two hour drive from Mumbai, a good getaway for 2 days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Fariyas Resort Lonavla and taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging to see comments like yours that makes our team to strive for more.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a family trip to Lonavala. From the time we entered the hotel to the check-in process was well taken care of by the staff. Rooms are spacious and we opted for the room with view of the water sport activities. We had stayed there for 2 nights and we enjoyed every moment of the stay. The buffet breakfast and dinner were complimentary and I must say they have a really good spread of Veg & Non-Veg dishes.

Use of their indoor swimming pool and wild water sports were too included in our package and boy we did have a fantabulous time in the wild water sports. Actually we forgot that we had come with kids and we ended up becoming kids ourselves. :)

The only drawback was the minibar in the room which was malfunctioning and inspite of trying different tricks we couldn't get the beverages to chill. Finally the same was brought to the notice of room service staff and it was well taken care of. :D

A must stay at this property if you ever visiting Lonavala with your family or loved ones.

CHEERS!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Nair,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have conveyed your good wishes to the team and it is appreciation like yours that keeps the team motivated to strive for better services.

Thank you once again for taking time to write review. We look forward to welcome you and your family back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.