“Good corporate holiday place”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is more of a place for corporate gathering.. It's not very relaxing and peaceful because of the corporate or group stay at the hotel. Food choices are also ok, more like a local mess in out skirt areas..

• Stayed: November 2012
Management response:Responded January 24, 2013

Dear Ms. Dipali

Thank you for your feedback. I regret we could not live upto your expectations. Please be rest assured that we will look into your comments and take corrective action.

Thank you once again for taking time to write the review. I hope you will give us another opportunity to present our improved product and services.

Jagar Thakur

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is fine, not great. The rooms are large and some have decent views of the hills. Comfortable bed, terrible pillows. Service is satisfactory although one or two at reception seemed to have a 'couldn't care less' attitude. What is incredible is how much they charge here. Hotels in India are not always good value but this is really in a league of its own. The room and bathroom have a 1970s air about them. You even have to pay for Wifi (if you can get it to work) and water. Did not try the buffet. A la carte restaurant had good food but again, relatively pricey. Rates for taxis are also far too high. I do wonder how they get away with it - I could not recommend at these rates - maybe it is just lack of competition?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie083
Management response:Responded January 24, 2013

Dear Ms. Marie

Thank you for your feedback. I regret your experience and take note of your comments. Please be rest assured that we will take corrective action about pillows in the room, employee behavior and other service related issues as well as rates of taxis etc.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a quick break from busy day's of Mumbai. We went there with lot of expectation but the hotel didn't lived up to that. We had problems in finding room. One of the rooms had water flowing out from AC. Some rooms were just at the top of entrance/parking. Wet area was good and we had good time there. Food was good. Service needs lot of attention.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PPK83

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We have taken careful note of your comment in regard to room leakage and view. I can assure you that your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standards of service and I sincerely regret the inconvenience.

I thank you for bringing it to our attention as it is only through valuable feedback like yours that we can continue to improve. I do hope that you will give us another chance to showcase our improved product/services.

I regret your experience and assure you that this will not be repeated with any of our future guests.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I regularly go this resort more out of lack of choice than the love for it.the resort is perfectly located just 100 odd metres off the old mumbai-pune highway . It's a sprawling property with more than adequate garden area, many many restaurants, banquets and rooms.some of the rooms have been recently renovated and are a pleasure to stay in . The suites I would only recommend if you get a good deal or they seem overpriced.IMHO the buffet is REALLY nice since I'm a vegetarian and I get more than enough choice to satiate my hunger and then some.the live piano in the evenings is just an
added soothing perk apart from the obvious lovely weather of the hills.The service for us has always been good but that could be because of the regularity with which we visit the place.
P S :-The lifts though are a perfect place to be in with a new girlfriend because of their tiny size:)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank sachint6

Dear Mr. Sachin

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow me to inform you that your thoughts have been shared with the team. Also will look at the size of our elevators.

Thank you once again for taking time and sharing your views. I look forward to welcome you and your family back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pros:
1) Great food
2) Good service provided. The room service was prompt
3) Convenient Location
Cons:
1) Cockroaches (huge ones) in the bathroom when I entered.
2) Too expensive for the amenities provided. Almost as much as staying in a 5 star resort in the major cities of the world
3) Room layout was not good. 2 twin beds were joined to make a double bed.
4) Smelly interiors. Although the room service was prompt to come with room fresheners.
5) Got a room without any good view.

Room Tip: Please ask for the room to be disinfected/sprayed with pesticides.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TraditionalGentleman

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy that you liked our food/ service/ location and at the same time I am deeply concerned that there where so many glitches in your room. I sincerely regret your experience. Please be rest assured that we will look into your comments and take corrective action about cleaning and pricing.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Fariyas was a great resort about 20 years back but over the years I feel the resort is slowly turning into a shadow of it's old self. Recently during my stay I was marveled by the large lobby with teak wood polish but the room i stayed in didn't mirror any of the grandness, the carpet leading to the room were torn at places and the room wall had cracks. The staff service is prompt and cordial; the indoor pool is inviting and makes for a nice swim so do the 4 slides in the water park, that where all the fun is - all of which to an extent make up for the condition of the room. the food is yum but a little too steeply priced just like the rooms. I guess its time the resort re-checked it rates and worked towards building a Fariyas as it was years back - Grand, Beautiful and Tranquil.....A walk in the lawns makes up for all the flaws as the view is serene especially during the evenings....but for the price of the room ?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KT1206

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret your experience for us not been able to meet your expectations. Please allow me to inform you that our renovation process is on, imported carpets have arrived for the corridors and soon we will have fresh look and feel guestrooms.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I don't know where to start, but had been to fariyas 30 years ago and it still has the same loving atmosphere the rooms, service, cleanliness, all were value for money, the best was the food SUPERB enjoyed every bit of it, Would definitely visit fariyas again,
cheers Mario

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Mr Mario

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have conveyed your appreciation to concerend employees and it is appreciation like you’re that keeps the team motivated to strive for better services.

Thank you once again for taking time to write review. I look forward to welcome you and your family back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla.