“Excellent location and good service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bijapur
Hotel Madhuvan International
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bijapur
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent location and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

After the disaster at the Shashinag, we moved here for 2 nights with half the room rate we paid at the former.
Really friendly staff and nice big rooms with great view from gallery of the Gol Gombaz. OK so some of the taps did not work in the bathroom, but this is Bijapur, not Bangalore.
I loved sitting on the big gallery in the morning and evening either reading or just watching everything going on below. Although there was no alcohol for sale at hotel, I had no problem getting a cool bottle of Kingfisher from one of the staff served to me on the balcony

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bedlam_fiddler9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St-Germain-en-Laye, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

We chose this hotel using Trip Advisor. We were charged more than double the going rate for a very basic room and poor bathroom. Their only saving grace was that they let us move to a brand new hotel (less than half the price) round the corner without a hassle.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Few months back I was required to visit Bijapur for a bid purpose. Since it was my first visit to Bijapur, I had to look out take any hotel that I could see on the way. I managed to get a room at Madhuvan Hotel & could actually lik it. It should say it is very good hotel. The room was good with cleanliness & the room service was also of above average standards. The hotel is serviced by restaurants & few more amenities that a average traveller dreams of.

I’m sure I’ll stay at this hotel again next time when I’m in this city.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Bruxelles, Belgique
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

Stayed 2 nights .The rooms are quite nice and on a side street . Every room opens on a passage opening to a garden.The shower offers hot water in quantity .The people are very friendly and helpful,really the nicest we met during our 2 weeks in Karnataka.No alcohol in the main restaurant but allowed in two other dining rooms.

• Stayed January 2010
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed in this Hotel for 1 night on 23rd Feb 2010 on my way to Hyderabad from Goa. My the other reviews on Internet, my expectation was not big from this place in Bijapur.

The Hotel was too noisy (there was a birthday party happening and the place is too smal for the gathering) and there are too many moisquitoes. It is difficult to even stand for a min. The rooms were spacious but not very cleaned. Probably one should not expect anything better in a small place like Bijapur.

The food was ok (little spicy though) and staffs in the restaurant were helpful.

Overall, I had a ok stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

Bijapur is an excellent place to visit. The Hotel Madhuvan is probably the best-located hotel, but the quality of the accommodation is decidedly mixed. Our first room had a leaky shower which was noisy at night; it was not clear why the shower had not been repaired. We then moved next door which was better. The food was not very impressive. We were left feeling hungry after a thali. Breakfast was very slow.

But you have to stay somewhere to visit the beautiful city of Bijapur; we stayed for two nights which seemed about right. The hotel was clean and quiet. We enjoyed sitting on the open corridor with a view of Golgumbaz.

Martin Weale

• Liked — The position
  • Disliked — It was poorly maintained
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank MWeale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bijapur
Clarks Inn Badami
Clarks Inn Badami
#1 of 3 in Badami
Sabala Heritage Home
Sabala Heritage Home
#1 of 11 in Bijapur
Hotel Mayura Adilshahi Bijapur

Been to Hotel Madhuvan International? Share your experiences!