Set on pleasant grounds with, yes, lots of palms, we sat on our verandah and watched the houseboats and lots of assorted watercraft from canoes to ferries sail by. Rooms basic but comfortable and the attached restaurant was surprisingly good. Breakfast a bit limited but when we asked for a fruit salad they made it for us. Staff friendly but a bit remote. It's a short auto rickshaw ride to crazy but interesting Alleppey. We opted not to do a houseboat because they were expensive and tie up forthe night at 5:30. Take the 5 hr paddled canoe trip, available from the 'resort' through the backwater canals...wonderful. Overall, recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmgrove resort is an elegant holiday resort situated in acres of natural greeneries and is on the banks of the beautiful Punnamada lake. The resort offer complete privacy and peaceful atmosphere and is free from air and sound pollution. The resort is really a wonderful paradise and an home far away from your home, of course with homely and tasty food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Palmgrove Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Palmgrove Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India