“Kaitshome-The value for money”
Review of Kait's Home

Kait's Home
Ranked #37 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Hi, let me introduce myself first. I am Karl, working in oman. I got 20 days leave in the month of july. so i discussed with my family and my children what to do in these days. The decesion was just travel to Kerala. Me and my family heared a lot about kerala. So i considered one of my friend named Mr. John, who is from Alleppey, in kerala. He recommend me to go to Alleppey and stay in Kaits home. He told me that, it is the best place to stay in Alleppey, and it have water front rooms and it will be in your budget. So i decide to choose to go to Alleppey and stay in Kaits home.
We reached in kaits home on sunday night.(little bit late) We didnt had food from outside because of rain and we didnt order any food for dinner on sunday at the time of booking. when we reached in kaits home, we really feeled very hungry. We ask to Mr. Jossy( host) about dinner, With a smile he told me just to wait for half an hour. So we feeled happy and we gone to room and refreshed. By the time Mr. Jossy and his family prepared a very tasty dinner for us. It was very very tasty dinner. Still the taste of those dishes are in my tounge.
Me, my wife & my children enjoyed very much in kaits. In our life we didnt enjoyed this much. My children easily makes friendship with Jossy's children. They played together, exchanged their toys.
Our room was spacious and cute. Our bed is covered with mosquite nets. Hot water facility is also their .We are so comfortable.
Kaits home is just not only a home stay, it have a wonderfull farm. This farm includes vegetables, rice,fish, coffee etc. Jossy and his wife is collecting vegetables from this farm for cooking. its pure organic. (May be thats why the dishes are so tasty)
We enjoyed late night fishing, One day we got big Jombo prawns. For the next day dinner Jossy fried that Prawns for us(free of charge).
WE done a motor boat ride, a cannoe boat ride, village walking, massage etc. Two three days are very rainly. so we didnt go anywhere. We stayed in our room. Mr.Jossy is always be there for helf us. Jossy and his family treat us as their own family member. Anyway i am very thankfull to Mr. John, who recommend us to this Heaven.
Those 10 days go very fastly. Surely we will come again. We feel very missing Kaits family.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank karloo1

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Hi, me and my husband stayed in kaits for three days. To get a relief from summer, we decide to go to kerala and will enjoy this monsoon. For that one of my friend who stayed in kaits home before suggest me this home stay in backwaters.
We really enjoyed the stay in kaits home. Actually we planned to stay in kaits for two nights only, because of its clam atmosphere, great food and service, we extended one more day.
I have no words to explain the food which i had in kaits home.It was sooooo tasty. Mr.Jossy and his family is always there to help us and take us everywhere in alleppey.
Anyway we decide to come again to stay here for more number of days

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandrakatey
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Me and my wife stayed in kaits home for 3 nights.Those 3 nights was awesome.Kait's home is situated just beside the river pampa. Mr. Jossy is a perfect host.He made our stay more comfortable. The service done by Jossy was excellent. Mrs.Jossy made different traditional food in those3 days. The food includes varieties of both veg. and non veg. dishes. It was so so tasty. Still the taste of food in kaits home is there in tip of my tongue.
There is lots of things to do in kaits home. We done motor boat ride, village walking, Massage, fishing, birds watching etc. We really miss this beautiful KAITS home. It provide us a five star hospitality and service.
Sure, we will come to stay in kaits home next year also.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomphilip1980
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Three of us, friends, stayed in a simple riverside cottage. It was clean and had everything we needed. The food was superb!!!! We had our meals in the riverside gazebo...watching the local world go by. Very relaxing. The hosts were gracious and friendly and available. We loved our 3 day visit and would come again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank PaulaBoston
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We had two nights with Kaits home stay.
Fab homecooked food - very interesting and so varied.
Lovely hosts, looked after your needs. Josey took us on a fascinating nature walk. We borrowed their canoe for a relaxing paddle up the back canals. Two day stay about right as not a lot to do but take in the quiet and nature.
We swam in the river and watched the hous boats go by. The situation of the house is great for scenery and river walks. Dinner is served by the waterside.
Highly recommend - room was delightful; hammocks and seats everywhere,
Also Josey has cold beers to buy - mcuh apprecaited in the hot climate and Kerala!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettybell
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The location was good although this was pretty far from the main city Alleppey (around 13 kms). The scenic beauty was awesome. We enjoyed our stay throughly. The homestay was located just beside the back water as promised. Mr Jossy and his wife made our stay more special by providing us with excellent food. I would definitely love to go back to this place again. Perfect destination for a holiday...

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NEELSONA
Reviewed January 22, 2010

the location is in a village on a bad road, rooms are overlooking the back waters, but very small, can hardly accomodate an extra bed. Food is not good, they serve only one dish so no variety and is high priced compared to the Alleppy restaurant rates. Breakfast could be highly disappointing, they might serve you coconut pancakes full of sugar and thats it with some bread and butter.

they will advise you take massage at a nearby hopeless parlour so avoid it at any cost.
overall not a good experience, Alas you are in Kerela but they wont serve you fish(may be its expensive because) They have written so much about fishing on their website but will make excuses if you want to do it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family