We were looking forward to staying here as it looks lovely, but in reality it's all a bit tired. We stayed in an individual bungalow on stilts overlooking the lake - sounds lovely, but we couldn't sit on the veranda to take in the view without being bothered by pigeons who insisted on roosting there under the eaves. As a consequence the veranda was filthy, covered in bird droppings. We asked a cleaner to clean the veranda for us (why didn't they do that before we moved into the room?) and he did, but within a few hours the veranda was filthy again. To begin with we thought we might be the only guests staying at the hotel, which we found a bit disconcerting, although it meant we had the swimming pool to ourselves, and sometimes the staff seemed a bit surprised to see us. Despite the hotel being nearly empty, a gardener seemed determined to trim a shrub outside our room with his noisy hedge trimmer. He stopped when I asked him to, but started again as soon as my back was turned. There was some building work going on in the grounds. The hotel is some distance away from Alleppey, and the journey by road is quite difficult, but the hotel does provide a free shuttle-boat service.
We arrived at this hotel on a rice boat owned by the hotel. That was very good - we were waited on hand and foot by a crew of 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a Five star luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India