I was there in this resort on April 11-12,2012 to organise an orientation programme.Travelled from Cochin to Alleppy,Alappuzha in kerala in India, by road and then by Boat organised by Lake Palace hotel.Very good cruise from mainland to Resort.After check in formalities ,which infact was not a smooth process,we had our Lunch in the restaurant.There appears to be a case for definite improvement towards smooth process of checkin.Similarly,the check out process is also very slow and irritatiing.I found only one person who has shown some keen interest to attend our guests ..Front Desk require reorientation and close supervision to make this Resort, which is surrounded by backwaters and beautiful location, a much more attractive.Food in the restaurant is very much satisfactory.But requires attention towards cleanliness.Conference room is well attended.House keeping is good.They attended the AC problem immediately.Rooms are certainly well maintained.But balcony of the rooms was very dirty.Smelling with Pigeon/birds? Room service needs attention and improvement in prompt service.Assessment of Manpower requirement in resorts of this nature should be entirely different than other hotels.All these are very little and insignificant constraints to enjoy nature,beauty ,culture and a feeling of comfort.The sunset cruise was very much enjoyable.We enjoyed a cocktail dinner.Infact the resort has an excellent property.I had a very good morning walk on 12th April.Let me share that I have experienced earthquake in the afternoon of 11 April,2012 i.e after my checkin to the room and before my Lunch.I was not really scared .My room was just on lake,-very closure to reception.
All said & done --.one should experience atleast a day and night stay in this Resort ,surrounded by beautiful nature,with members of family ,which I was deprived off.Lake Palace has an excellent potential to attract both domestic and international .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a Five star luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India