“Not great, but ok”
Review of Kumar's Home stay

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Kumar's Home stay
Ranked #51 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Alappuzha
London
“Not great, but ok”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We spent three nights in Kumar's home stay in early November. The accommodation is spacious and set in a quiet and peaceful area. However, it is a long walk into Alleppey and taxi's are difficult to flag down at night. Disappointingly the house was not clean and their was a distinct waft from the bathroom, although their was a good supply of hot water. I'm sure there are better places to stay but for the cost it was not too bad.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Scotland
Reviewed October 24, 2008

As a regular traveller to India,usually,Goa,Rajasthan and Karnataka,I decided to visit Kerala for a change.
I booked my holiday through www.keralavacations.com who arranged my stay at Kumar's Homestay which far surpassed all the self catering homes and flats I've stayed at on my previous visits to India..
The accommodation comprises an open plan living room and has parquetry floors,a well equipped kitchen,light and airy sitting room with a seperate TV area.
My superb double bedroom was en-suite and the bathroom never ran out of hot water.
I was very impressed with the home which is in a quiet secluded area so you may want to hire a car. Kumar arranged mine(with driver).
I like cooking and found the kitchen was great.Even better,the daily who cleaned the rooms also washed up my dishes!!
I shall definitely be returning to Allapuzha (Alleppey).

• Liked — All on one level and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)