“Do not get Fooled by their website”

Pagoda Resorts Alleppey
Ranked #52 of 69 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Pagoda resorts was booked by our Travel Agent. By seeing the hotel picture from their website we were thinking that it will be on the banks of a river/lake. When we got into the Resort, the Reception was pretty good, we arrived early (check in time is after 12 in the afternoon) so rather than waiting in the reception we took ayurvedic massage which was too good.

After waiting for couple of hours, he gave us the room, we were thinking that those will be some independent rooms to our surprise he took us to a building right next to the reception and the room are like typical business hotel. We tried to change our room as it smelled cigarattes and we wanted to change our room to cottage by paying extra money. But the service of this hotel is too bad, we have asked for room fresher 5 times but never got it and there is no response, this is not how they serve the guests.

We thought anyways we will be staying there for a night sleep so we left it there.

This Report/Hotel is good for Business Purpose but if you get the Cottages then it will be good for couples/romantic gateway. otherwise avoid this hotel and stay in the House boat itself :).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RockSays

Reviewed December 3, 2009

We booked a night at the Pagoda after seeing it on the internet. We booked it because it had a pool and looked rather atmospheric. When we arrived and were checking in I asked to see the room, the lady on reception said "but you have already booked". I'd not been disappointed with any other rooms on our trip so I continued to check in. We were shown to our (standard) room. I could have cried. Very small, grubby/shabby-looking (but not smelly) with bars at the window. I immediately asked the porter if we could up-grade but the hotel was full. We went to look at the pool...no sun-loungers and it was just off the car-park. We decided that as this was our final night in India we would move on. When we told reception that we didn't want to stay they insisted we pay the full amount as we had already booked in. I reitterated that I HAD asked to see the room but they said as we had made a reservation they wanted the money. Eventually the manager agreed to waive the tax. I don't think there is alot of choice in Alleppey and the better rooms may be ok but my advice is to insist on looking at the rooms before you decide. Next time in Alleppey I would look for a homestay if I needed to stay overnight.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2009

the hotel was good but average , good food qyality nice rooms and good ambience

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed October 27, 2009

When we entered the room the porter did not showed us how the things works in the room. When we were going out we could not lock the main door. Door is locked from inside the room and not from outside with the key. Fridge did not work because it was turned off from the mains power.

Food:

I was expecting a la-carte menu at the dinner time and not the buffet meal. My agent has paid them for a la-carte menu. When I complained to the restaurant manager his attitude is take it or leave it.

Hot water in the room:

According to the instruction on the back up bathroom door, for hot water you must run hot water tap for a good few minutes. I ran it for good 15 minutes but no hot water coming through. I called the room service waited for ten minutes but no one came, I rang room service again just to be told to ring house keeping and put the phone down. After calling house keeping some one came in but he has no clue what to do so he went never to see any one again for our problem.

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone even to my enemies.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArvindGandhi
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Stayed here for one night as part of our Keralan tour - but would actively discourage anyone from visiting this hotel.
We were 'upgraded' to a suite room when we arrived - only to discover later that this room was directly above their main function suite. Unbeknown to us, there was a large event taking place that night.
By 1130pm, we were still wide awake listening to the loud thumping music beneath us - and all the kids were very tired and crabby.
When we confronted the Manager the next morning - he couldn't care less and walked away from us when we pushed for some kind of apology or compensation.
He kept saying 'but you were upgraded'!!!
We stayed in a range of accomodation during our trip from basic to luxury and in every case we received the very best service. This hotel lets the whole region down and I would strongly advise against staying there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Ian B
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The main factor because of which I chose this place is the design and layout as seen on the website and in various galleries, and found it also great. And the landscaping was also good. The location is central and good. The service is decent. The food options are okay.
The facilities there are also good and they have a good ayurvedic center there.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at Pagoda resort and visited Alleppey beach. This resort is well maintained and having its fantastice appreance. Nice to hear the voices of birds and ducks kept here to give pleasure to visitors. Fantastic hut and great foods. Above average room service and dedicated staff. Nice experinece.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)