A friend and i ended up staying at Raheem residency for 1 night after i got really sick and we could not continue with our plans. We turned up one morning without a reservation as i needed a place to stay as have been pretty sick for the 2 nights before. Thank God they had a room available for us. We opted for the superior double room which was huge (especially the bathroom) next to the pool at a very good price, they do special offers so make sure you ask. The room was gorgeous cool very clean and what i needed to get better. The service was great and the pool area was really nice to get some rest and chill out as well as cool down. unfortunately you cannot swim at the beach which is opposite so it was quite nice to be able to cool down in the pool. My friend tried the ayverdic massage as well but was not really impressed as we had much better and cheaper while in the region. We also booked a table at the restaurant that night as i was feeling much better. The food was great but due to my stomach problems i was not able to try traditional cuisine. It is more expensive than what you can get around there but great little restaurant and even the international food menu was pretty good. Staying there definitely made us feel like we treated ourselves as it was a lovely little oasis and i definitely left the place feeling much better. If you were to stay, I think 2 days is enough. Overall great place to stay a little away from the hustle and bustle of the town and few meters away from the beach if you fancy a sunset walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raheem Residency at Alleppey Beach, one hour south of Cochin, is an 1868 colonial property which was passionately restored in a classic, Indian style in 2003 by a small Indo-European private limited company. It is now recognized by the Tourism Dept of India as a genuine Heritage Hotel of India. Originally built by an Englishman, it was the home of the Raheems, an eminent Alleppey family, for one hundred years. Expect an intimate personalized service that respects your privacy in a sophisticated Indian setting with echoes of the Raj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Raheem Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raheem Residency Hotel Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Kerala/Alappuzha, India