“Do not rely on this hotel!”
Review of Palmy Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Palmy Lake Resort
Ranked #19 of 154 Specialty Lodging in Alappuzha
Ankara, Turkey
“Do not rely on this hotel!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 week prior to my stay by calling them. They asked me to confirm 1 day before I am coming. I called them the last they for the confirmation (and it is very hard to find a local phone to call anybody) and they asked if I need a pick-up, I didn't want cause cabs always charge a lot which I hate. Then they replied me as if I don't want a pick up I should cancel it. I am completely pasting their reply below:

"if u do not want the pick up i woul like to cancel your booking because we have our own some problems which most of everydays we r facing thats what i wnted to tell u over the phone but phone was not clear sorry mercy"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moncalieri, Italy
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you are looking for great ospitality, Macy and her Palmy Lake Resort is your choice.
Macy will welcome you with a sweet smile a great food, and everything else you need.
Then take a look and a ear to the sound of this nature, relax yourself on a wild hammock reading your favourite book, or listening some Jack Johnson songs...
and that's all! :-)
sangeethaEandrea

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nederland
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Cheap simple cottage with very good value for money. Cottages have a nice little porch and hammocks are available on the property to relax. Hotel is located away from the town, but that facilitates the relaxing and beautiful surroundings of the property.

The hotel arranged a canoe boat with comfortable cushion seatings and a guide/peddler who showed us the village life in the backwaters. Due to the small size of the boat we could go to places where house boats can't go and it is less noisy.

If you don't mind a five min tuk tuk ride to town and don't mind being surrounded by palm trees and the backwaters, than this is definitely where you should stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed only one night in Alleppey before moving onto a house boat. We chose Palmy Lake Resort because it was out of the way, peaceful and cheap.

It turned out to be an excellent decision! In Alleppey itself there is very little to do, so you won't miss being out of the town centre. The peace and quiet in this homestay was just fantastic, its right on the river's edge (don't worry, they give you a mosquito candle too!).

The cottages are beautiful, clean and tidy, well looked after.

But the best bit was Marcy, who runs the place. We arrived on a day when there was a local restaurant strike (welcome to Kerala!). For a very small fee she offered to cook dinner for all the guests, and it was one of the best meals i had in India! She was endlessly helpful, always with a smile on her face, couldn't do enough for you. We stayed only one night here, but it was a highlight of the trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Adam L
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed in palmy lake resort at the ´beginning of my trip in India .I got very ill and was alone , new in the country and my luck was that family which was so helpful and pleasant. Mercy was always ready to give a help and also matthew the grandfather was so wonderful , always looking to me.
The cottage was simple but clean an comfortable and when I did close the door in the dawn I had not one moskito in the hut.
The only thing I missed was a place to have dinner nearby. The breakfast was absolute great.hiThey arranged a boot trip which was so nice and peaceful. Palmy lake resort is a lovely location and great value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maritagiesin
Aix en provence
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Let's say straight away that the cottages are clean and tidy but nothing out of the ordinary. What IS extraordinary is the kindness and hospitality of the hosts. Such a relief in this touristy region to stay in a place where your host genuinely wants you to be happy and provides real services at reasonable prices. Mrs Matthews is pure discretion, generosity and efficiency. Through her we got the exact boat trip we wanted and a fantastic ayurvedic massage. You leave Palmy Lake Resort feeling happy and relaxed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janetandfamily
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here away from the town to relax, the food prepared for you is amazing the owner and his wife are wonderful people and they will do anything they can to help you out. I can not recommend this or their other resort highly enough. It is a little walk from town but then it is nice to be away from the hustle and bustle occasionally.
They also provide mosquito repellant coils every night to help with the mossie problem you get whenever you are near water in India.

Room Tip: The bungalows are all fantastic.