Vedanta Wake Up - Backwaters
Punnamada Resort(Alappuzha)
$111
Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$55
$33
  • Room Service
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
$88
$85
Deshadan Backwater Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$51
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Citrus Retreats Alleppey(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$84
$81
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The World Backwaters(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$68
$49
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Abad Turtle Beach(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$84
$71
Agoda.com
Ramada Alleppey(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$81
$72
Travelocity
Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
$83
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbeautiful lawncalm placehostelmosquitoesbackwatershouseboatveranda
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay in for a budget trip. Room are good, comfortable beds, clean toilets, good wifi connection and very friendly staff. Close enough from the bus station and the backwater boat jetty. The staff were really helpful for our trip and helped us to get around alapuzha. Highly recommended for a budget trip.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sunil V
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended to stay at Vedanta Alleppey because I had met Hari (one of the staff who was subbing for another Vedanta Varkala staff). Since I had thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Varkala location, I had no hesitations in following his suggestion. The Alleppey site was slightly further from the Main Street than I had expected but the staff and their hospitality more than made up for the location. Don't get me wrong, the location is not bad. It was just a bit more walking from the river than I would have liked given that I was a woman traveling alone. Since I was in Alleppey mainly for the tour of the backwaters, I did the boat tour early in the day and got back to the hostel before nightfall. In the evening, the staff was very kind to let me share their meal and it was great fun watching the other staff member cook (I'm so sorry I don't remember his name, but he was a jovial gentleman who generously shared his small packets of peanuts with me as he cooked and chatted about Keralan culture.) The most memorable part about my one night stay was playing uno with both gentlemen late into the night. The two men kept me company and made me feel very welcome at Vedanta. It felt more like a home stay rather than a hostel.
I was the only one staying in the dorms so it was very clean and quiet. Just be careful of the mosquitoes because they have a beautiful garden but with lots of foliage.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lulu C
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hari's service was excellent, incredibly helpful, knowledgable and with perfect english. The location is perhaps not the most convenient, yet bicycles are for hire to get to the beach front, which is certainly worthwhile. My friend engaged in a cooking course which he recommends very highly, and I can attest for the quality of the final result!

Made my stay in Alleppey very memorable, and not just for England being knocked out of the World Cup :(

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Harri C
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is the best price-value place that I've ever seen!
The Highlights are the beautiful and tranquil surroundings of Palmtrees and the big green garden. The extremly friendly and helpfull staff (thanks Hari!). The clean, well maintained and air conditioned rooms. Very good lunch and dinners.
Also, the Wifi is working well and the TV on the Veranda is showing the World Cup :)

If I will ever be back in Alleppey with it's smiling people and it's charming backwaters, there's no doubt where I gonna stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank S T
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were a group of 4 girls who took the dormitory. From the moment we landed in allepey, Mr Hari helped us with everything including transport for sightseeing, arranging for massages and also a boat ride to the back waters at a very reasonable rate. the best part of the whole tour was the lip smacking food served at the hotel. One should not leave allepey without tasting their vegetarian lunch. It is by far that ive ever had!!! the garden and the sitting area was very pleasant. We got to interact with a lot of the other guests. If one is in allepey, one should stay in vedanta !!!!!!

Room Tip: The dormitories are very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends