I am quite surprised by the previous reviews as we had a excellent stay here and encountered no problems at all. We discovered this hotel purely by accident, we were planning to stay one night in Alleppey and one night on a houseboat then travel down to the Kovalam but having discovered this hotel we decided to stay in Alleppey an extra night.
The room was excellent very clean and full of character and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious and yes you do have to wait a while but it is all cooked fresh and to your taste.
The grounds are very relaxing and beautiful views over the lake. Previous reviews mention the air-conditioning, when we checked in to the room I noticed that yes the air con isn’t on all day but is does state that due to environmental issues it only operates from 9pm - 5am which I thought was fair enough especially as the rooms are reasonably cool anyway especially with the overhead fan going. During the day we preferred to explore a little and make the most of having a clean pool complete with sun loungers to relax and chill so this resort is an ideal location! The prices you are quoted are a little high but if you speak to the management team especially during the end of peak season then you can get a good deal, we discovered that in India it’s always worth asking if they offer discount! Overall this is an excellent place to stay and would recommend it to anyone, will definitely be going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayaloram Lake Resort Managed by Mir Group of companies, Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort,set in the enchanted landscape of Alleppey, offers impeccable services at par with international standards. Ideally suited for business travelers and tourists alike, the resort is set in lush green settings of Punnamada in Alleppey, the Venice of the east. Kayaloram is a true blend of the rustic ambience of Alleppey and the facilities of a modern resort.The resort also offers an Ayurvedic centre which has all the major treatments.Kayaloram has been classified under the title of Heritage Resort, by the Government of India.Sizzling backwaters Cruising along the stunning and unique backwaters of Alleppey gives you the most enchanting holidaying experience. The back water cruise along the narrow canals that interweave the rustic villages of Kuttanad gives you the most awesome experience. Hear the ripples of Vembanad Lake and feel completely relaxed in the rustic charm of the villages. It is fascinating to watch the village girls engaged in the various house hold chores in front of every house & men doing their daily works. Enjoy the savor of fresh coconut water; watch the toddy tappers tapping fresh toddy & village folk active in making coir from coconut husk.Alleppey gives you much more beyond these. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India