We opted for this hotel after seeing the rating & reviews on trip adviser, but after reaching there we were little disappointed. Entrance garden was not maintained at all, long grass, no flowers, and dirty canal, very poor landscaping. But as we proceeded to our room some hope emerged because the view from the room was amazing. But what followed took away even that hope.
It’s not only the doors and the room that gave it a heritage look but also the TV set, AC, and toiletries are antique. Ac didn't work for more than 5 minutes. During power cuts the generator broke down and the whole resort plunged into complete darkness. The dressing table was without any glass top and the underlying rails refused to hold anything. The pair of lizards in the room was also from the same era, kept chatting whole night. Bath room was without roof and insects/reptiles will keep you company.
The only silver lining was the constantly smiling & helpful restaurant staff.
Pine apple juice and fruits were excellent. Idly was also good but rest of the food was below par.
Our initial booking was for 2 days but we were fortunate enough that our travel agent arranged another resort for the next day which was too good.
All in all there is no sign of luxury in this “Luxury Resort”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kayaloram Lake Resort Managed by Mir Group of companies, Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort,set in the enchanted landscape of Alleppey, offers impeccable services at par with international standards. Ideally suited for business travelers and tourists alike, the resort is set in lush green settings of Punnamada in Alleppey, the Venice of the east. Kayaloram is a true blend of the rustic ambience of Alleppey and the facilities of a modern resort.The resort also offers an Ayurvedic centre which has all the major treatments.Kayaloram has been classified under the title of Heritage Resort, by the Government of India.Sizzling backwaters Cruising along the stunning and unique backwaters of Alleppey gives you the most enchanting holidaying experience. The back water cruise along the narrow canals that interweave the rustic villages of Kuttanad gives you the most awesome experience. Hear the ripples of Vembanad Lake and feel completely relaxed in the rustic charm of the villages. It is fascinating to watch the village girls engaged in the various house hold chores in front of every house & men doing their daily works. Enjoy the savor of fresh coconut water; watch the toddy tappers tapping fresh toddy & village folk active in making coir from coconut husk.Alleppey gives you much more beyond these. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Alappuzha
- Kayaloram Heritage Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India