From the first moment we knew Motty and Lali would be great hosts. They were so willing to share their knowledge and their home, even showing us how to cook delicious Keralan food. Their house is delightful, and set in a pretty garden. We had our own verandah outside our little cottage and cool drinks were brought out. Motty arranged trips to temples, churches, and backwaters, and Ayurvedic massage. The food was sublime, lots of fresh fruit, and every meal was different - we especially liked the masala dosa. I can only wish we had stayed more than 5 days.
(Sleep quality was only affected by the all-night temple festival, nothing we could do about that!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India