We have just returned from a tour to Kerala using Ellison Roberts which included two nights at Motty's Homestay. This was a great experience for us and made a very welcome change from staying in a hotel. Motty was an excellent and very friendly host making us feel very welcome. He was very knowledgeable about Kerala/India and was able to recommend local retaurants etc. We particualrly enjoyed chatting to Motty over drinks on his veranda in the evening after returning from dinner. The room was lovely with a traditional feel. The stay was very relaxing and as per the previous review we also struggle to understand why someone felt 'awkward and unusual' - definitely not our experience with Motty (quite the opposite) and we would certainly recommend to others looking for a more personal stay/experience. Great memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India