Motty and his wife were very attentive and helpful hosts. Motty helped us arranged trips on the back waters of Alleppey. A highlight of our holiday was a trip in a canoe around the backwaters with Lalji. He took us to his village where we had breakfast before setting off and then back for dinner. Motty provides breakfast, but unlike other homestyle stayed in, dinner was extra and although very enjoyable and tasty, expensive. As was the stay itself, almost the most expensive of our many stays in India and many of out stays were in hotels. When paying so much, you do expect a certain level of cleanliness, which sadly was lacking. In other homestays and hostels our washing came back clean and ironed, but not here. Alleppey is a great base and Motty is very knowledgeable and gave us a great insight into life in Kerala, hence my higher rating. I would definitely recommend this homestay. Thanks to Motty and his wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India