Motty was both knowledgeable and friendly, my family and I were happy to have him as our host. He helped research activities and events for us. While we were there we: 1.) did a backwater cruise, 2.) checked out the nearby temples and palaces, 3.) witnessed an amazing festival in a nearby village. All were arranged by Motty. :) In addition, breakfast was simple and delicious. The bananas from the backyard were tasty.
Location was great, a short walk to some of the better restaurants in the area. We loved the Indian coffee restaurant on the main road. If you're looking for a bargain you need to check our Sari's and Silks down the street. You can get some great textiles at rock bottom prices.
I'd recommend this place if you are looking for some familiarity in and unfamiliar place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India