“AMAZING EXPERIENCE....”

Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

i spend two weeks this place for ayurvedic treatments last january.it was amazing experience..after the treatments iam BRAND NEW.. GOOD TEAM WORK OF QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS. dr.joy and team take u a magical experience of ayurvedic treatments.i srongly recomended this place,located in a beautiful backwater village...

Visited January 2014
4 Thank samon2014

• Polish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“" A good choice"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed with a friend in Mattindia for 21 days last december, 2013. For many years I had wanted to go to India for ayurvedic treatment because of a long term ailment that slowed down my metabolism and has affected my health in various ways. Western medicine has maynly offered me pills for symptoms. After weeks of looking for an affordable good quality treatment I was adviced to choose Mattindia. I´m glad I did. The treatment was genuine, old school, thorough and very personal. The treatment I received was carefully designed for my condition. Doctor Shobha is an exellent ayurvedic doctor, well educated and with an unusual depth of insight. I felt very secure and confident in her hands. The massagers vere exellent, exsperienced, intuitive and very warm and kindhearted. Also there was a sence of joy, humor and "faith in their approach. My health has taken a considerable jumb forward and the effects are still emerging. Very interesting! I only wish I had access to this kind of treatment and medicine here in the north hemisphere.
The accomodation was basic and the food basic as well, all vegetarian, lots of fruit and fruit juces.
All the staff was kind and considerate and there was a general feeling of compassion in the air. I met lots of interesting people from all over the world.
I thank you Dr. Shobha, Joy, Shiny,Laisa, Minni and Manchu for caring so well for me. I hope I will see you again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 356Heidrun
Hallstavik, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“6 month after visiting MattIndia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Now it is 6 month since we came home from Mattindia. We can really recomend Joy and his staff to take care of you.
We spent 3,5 month here and enjoyed every day. My daugther in law has a servere muscel-disaese. After this month with supergood treatments she can still walk without sticks, not so far, but the muscels are still in good condition. Naturally she has to exercise at home too to have this good result. The doctors in Sweden says that there are no help and no relief for here, BUT there is. Our quality of Life is now very good and my son and me are not so stressed any more after the treatments we got. The thing is that all the staff cooperate so well so they can give you the treatments that you need and make you feel in good well educated hands.
We stayed so long time because we wanted to relax at Mattindia and have experience at the Place and in the neigbourhood. You Always meet people with open mind and intressed of Health here.
I, myself, the mother, has been here before, so I could recommend it to my family and to all of you.
Thanks to everyone and auf wiedersehen.
Karin, Leif Åke och Lucy from Sweden

Visited December 2012
4 Thank karin s
Lyon, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Peace of mind and soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a very nice place - people working there are very sweet- they smile, help you in any way you need, are very happy if you share some chocolate with them, but if you don't - they won't get less happy :)
We did a 21 days treatment plan - to me 3 weeks was too much - I think I was just home sick, otherwise there is nothing to be unhappy about it. Food is typical south indian food- lots of curry leaves, not spicy, though if you ask for a spicier version you'll get it - but other patients might complain after a while :)
I had the privilege to get massages from two wonderful ladies - Minni and Lyssa - they are wonderful - truly wonderful - my body was swirling on the table like a piece of dough- and rust me it's not easy to do that ! Doctor Shoba was taking care that I will get the best treatment, Shiny was making my herbal water, Joy was filling the place with Joy etc. You get to know everybody pretty soon.
Matt India is a great place for the money you pay - I would gladly return in 2 years. In my European view the place needs a bit of scrubbing - they do what they can - I think - but it might take the whole personal 1/2 day a month to do a soap and brush cleaning. But I think our standards get lower when we get there - after 2 hours of treatment -who really cares. Kitchen is kept clean, food is good, lost 5 kg, what can you wish for more? Just a tip for others- to get outside the centre - ask for Sharon as driver, DON'T go to the beauty parlour in the village - it's rubbery - but DO go to the centre's beauty care - Carole is amazing !!!!!! and it worth every penny !! Cheers

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Carciu
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best R&R ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I wholeheartedly recommend Matt India to you.

I had the 21 day treatment and am feeling renewed. My original complaint, which of course western medicine is at a loss to cure, has cleared up. On other levels I happen to feel great. Really clean, refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of 2013 from a relaxed and balanced place....

I can't recommend this center enough.

This is the real deal if you are looking for solid ayurvedic health care.
The staff are all professional as well as warm and caring, always having a smile at the ready.

The owners names are Joy and Shiny, and they live up to those names!

I will be looking forward to my next trip there when I need to de-stress and re-balance my mind+body, and miss every one there, as well as my daily routine, and of course lunch which was always delicious and nutritious.

There are 2 resident doctors there so any questions can be answered, or changes made to your program.
The center is not too big so you'll never be ignored.

There were many people who return year after year, which speaks volumes.
Generally the atmosphere among others having treatment at the center was convivial and friendly. It was a highlight to meet lovely travelers from places like Kazakhstan, Holland, and Brazil.

People would arrive looking stressed and shut down, within a day or two each and every one of them would be smiling from ear to ear, have a light sparkle in their eye and appear to have their burdens lifted...the Magic of Matt India.

The center is located in a small and traditional village with easy access to the main city center and Fort Kochi. There are beautiful backwaters to meander by, as well as a gorgeous beach which is not far. The water is so warm and there are palm trees as far as the eye can see.

Kerala is an affluent state with a high rate of education, so you will be treated with respect and courtesy, as well as friendly curiosity. It's a great introduction to India if you have never been.

enjoy,