“Best R&R ever...”

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best R&R ever...”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I wholeheartedly recommend Matt India to you.

I had the 21 day treatment and am feeling renewed. My original complaint, which of course western medicine is at a loss to cure, has cleared up. On other levels I happen to feel great. Really clean, refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of 2013 from a relaxed and balanced place....

I can't recommend this center enough.

This is the real deal if you are looking for solid ayurvedic health care.
The staff are all professional as well as warm and caring, always having a smile at the ready.

The owners names are Joy and Shiny, and they live up to those names!

I will be looking forward to my next trip there when I need to de-stress and re-balance my mind+body, and miss every one there, as well as my daily routine, and of course lunch which was always delicious and nutritious.

There are 2 resident doctors there so any questions can be answered, or changes made to your program.
The center is not too big so you'll never be ignored.

There were many people who return year after year, which speaks volumes.
Generally the atmosphere among others having treatment at the center was convivial and friendly. It was a highlight to meet lovely travelers from places like Kazakhstan, Holland, and Brazil.

People would arrive looking stressed and shut down, within a day or two each and every one of them would be smiling from ear to ear, have a light sparkle in their eye and appear to have their burdens lifted...the Magic of Matt India.

The center is located in a small and traditional village with easy access to the main city center and Fort Kochi. There are beautiful backwaters to meander by, as well as a gorgeous beach which is not far. The water is so warm and there are palm trees as far as the eye can see.

Kerala is an affluent state with a high rate of education, so you will be treated with respect and courtesy, as well as friendly curiosity. It's a great introduction to India if you have never been.

enjoy,
Vanessa Montgomery

Visited March 2013
11 Thank VespertineAstroQueen

• Polish first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Treatment of body, mind and soul”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have to tell you that I miss Matt India a lot! It became part of me! I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the whole Matt India family!!! Never ever in my life I felt myself so healthy and full of energy! Matt India made a miracle: there I could treat not only my body,but my mind and soul also! It's new-born me now! I know that we had to work on my back a bit longer but even now I feel a huge positive difference! I have strange feeling in the way I walk and sit now...it's so different and it's so right! I want to come again in November after the raining season.

Matt India became my true family where I feel like I am at home! I miss everyone a lot: my beautiful doctors, Ajida and Rena (missing their yummy chapati a lot), Lucy and Mandju, the Captain, Chacrapo and Anando, our tea lady - Mary....and, of course, Shiny and Joy! Thank you so much for treating me like a part of your family! You are the most kind and positive people that I've ever met in my life! Hope to see you soon!

7 Thank peachylemon
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Healing/Friendly and Fun”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

At the end of my 3wk.stay I have booked my stay for next year!The treatments,the therapists,the doctors,the food,the atmosphere,Joy and his family,yhe quiet setting....all added up to a fantastic experience....and I'm looking foreward to my next visit.
Physically I feel renewed, refreshed and recharged....great results and great value.
But there is something else at Matt India that defies neat description,but which brings people back year after year and has built a massive"word of mouth"network... that for me is the
spirit of generosity...a real and rare treat....enjoy.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank ericagypsyjetset
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Authentic Treatment, amazing people, wonderful stay!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Set about 45 south of Ft Kochin, Matt India is located in a small village, away from typical tourism hustle and bustle. Joy, the Dr's, and the staff are amazing. While Matt India is not a finely manicured Taj Mahal, my 3 1/2 weeks there were amazing from the first day until I departed. The treatments are very authentic and performed very well, but what really makes this place great is the connection and community of the other staying guests and the staff. In the air, the feeling of community, friendship, sharing, and rejuvinating is strong. The food is tasty and treatments are generally in the morning. After that, the day is yours. Gentle walk to the beach? Shopping in Eramalur? Visit a temple w/ Elephants? Day trip to Alapphuzha? Day trip to Ft Cochin? Yes. Backwater boat? Yes. Quiet walk in the local village? Yes. Really being IN a place, absolutely. My time there was amazing and made several connections that will last a life time. When I return to India, I will be seeing Joy and company at Matt India.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Trenton55324
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Looking for a real Ayurveda experience I did a long research online and got proposals from different hospitals. Matt India convinced me because of:

service level - quick and competent answering all my questions
flexibility - first I have booked only one night because I wanted to check the place and then I deciced to stay three weeks
competence - doctors, therapists, staff know exactly what they need to do
area - beautiful landscape of backwaters in Kerala
food - origin Ayurvedan food, handmade and you can visit the kitchen
atmosphere - like at a families house

Everybody, who is interested in Ayurveda treatment, I would warmly recommend Matt India

Visited September 2012