“Really, a Great Experience; Wonderful Therapy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre
Ranked #54 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed June 18, 2014

You wont believe it, I came down to Cochin for the first time to write my exams in December 2012, but i fell off from the stairs right on the last day of my exam. I could not write my exam well due to the pain i had. All disappointed i left for home with the pain.

I did not approach any of the Doctors in cochin as i was in a hurry to go home. Though I left it unnoticed, my nights became more and more painful each day. i could not concentrate on my work, my studies and by the time i went to a doctor near by he said i require a operation as i have a S4 and S5 issue. In my this condition i had to travel back to Cochin for some issue when one of my friend forcefully took me to Krishnendu.

The doctors and therapists there are angels. Specially i should mention Dr. Mohan, They diagnosed the issue and at the end i just had a muscle sprain. Their therapy there were to the core.. and i was able to feel the difference from the very first day. I got a complete rejuvenation in a green paradise. A week was totally enjoyable and full of self realization. I could understand what each part of my body require to stay healthy an the yoga session helped me with a peaceful soul.

Thank you krish for saving me.. Thank you for the new me..

2  Thank Abhinandhini A
There are newer reviews for Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had visited Krishnendu wellness center last month. I just wanted to get relief from depression and tension and took off from all office work. My college referred Krishnan Ayurveda and Dr Mohan Babu’s special rejuvenating mantra. I spend a week over there with meditation, yoga and spa therapies. The calm, serene atmosphere and the lush greenery is a visual treat for the eyes. The doctors and the staff were very cordial in nature. and were very friendly which has really helped me.

I would like to recommend Krishnendu Ayurveda to everyone who is looking for a perfect spot for rejuvenation, relaxation and treatments.

5  Thank ramsachin
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I’m from Germany. I am taking treatment from Krishnendu Hospital and Wellness center for the past Six years. I came to know about Krishnendu through a friend of mine who underwent treatment here. It’s a lovely place with a lot of greenery. I had Arthritis. I could not walk at all. Shortly before coming to India I was in a wheelchair. I was that much not well. That was the time when my friend took me to Kerala and introduced Krishnendu. I started the treatment here for the first time. It was also in the rainy season. It is the best time to come to Kerala and take the treatment. I still remember that I came to Kerala by train from Chennai. I was not able to climb the upper berth of the train. Two weeks after the treatment started, I began to feel much better. After completion of the treatment, I went back in a train. That too in the upper berth, with no difficulty or pain to climb the upper berth. Since then, I am here every year. The Medical care, the Doctors here are excellent. The surroundings are all clean and homely. I really felt good about the care from other staffs and I was able to meet new people from many parts of the world and make friends with them.

Room Tip: Room 201 is quieter.
6  Thank elisabeth_mujumdar
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Sensational it was! Aromatic, cooling and relaxing. Amazingly clean - which relaxes you the minute you enter, along with the friendly and professional staff. Had a wonderful pedicure with local natural products - it was excellent. Thank you Krishnendu Ayurveda.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank VipinR2014
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have been thinking of this “me” time away from the city hustle bustle for a quiet peaceful retreat to detoxify and rejuvenate my mind and body, since a very long time. I finally got this opportunity in April 2014 and I chose Krishnendu over many other similar Ayurvedic wellness centers after speaking to Dr Mohan Babu. One of my objectives was to reduce weight and body fat and I was impressed with the approach suggested by Dr Babu. He did not promise the moon but was very practical. I think one must plan atleast for a 14 or 21 days program at Krishnendu to achieve the objective.

I planned a 21 days program at the Welness center adjoining the hospital. The suite allotted to me was located besides the lovely and well maintained swimming pool. The doors open to lush green lawns and there is lot of greenery around this place. Once inside the cottage, you will hardly want to move out of the place. The treatment provided to me in the form of ayurvedic massage was one of the best I ever had in my life. They knew which oil and what medication to be used based on the treatment prescribed to the patient. I really enjoyed the massage and wished it was longer than the prescribed 60 minutes. The expert masseurs treated me with great care and comfort.

The surprise element was the vacuum therapy used for inch loss program. I thought this was a very effective way to lose flab around the waist area. The physio knew her stuff and she ensured that the 1 hour daily exercise was delivered with utmost care.

Every morning, the day started with Yoga sessions by an expert Yogacharya which lasts for an hour. The yogacharya taught all the asanas in a very simple manner and never exerted lot of pressure knowing too well that not all have a flexible body. I really loved his style.

Do not expect the food to be extravagant here since after all you come here for treatment. Food here was wholesome, simple and tasted just about good. I never found language to be a challenge although it helps to know a few words in Malayalam to converse with the kitchen staff.
Most of the staff members including masseurs, helpers etc spoke Hindi or English.

The overall ambiance of this place is great and the greenery around will keep your mind in peace. There is not much around the small village like place called Chingoli but for few shops. You will have to visit Haripad, about 6 kms from Krishnendu, which is the nearest town in case you miss the hustle and bustle. There is very little offered in terms of entertainment or indoor games although there is a small library and a room where carom and chess can be played. Yet I preferred to stay within the premises most of the days since I longed for this environment, not available in our daily life.

I must say Krishnendu was a great rejuvenating experience for me and I would love to visit this place again in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose to stay at the suite that adjoins the swimming pool. The best accommodation you can think of.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
8  Thank arvind_foodie
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After the long journey and tensions of our marriage function, my wife and i badly wanted some place to release our stress, tensions and hustles so that we can go ahead with a good and better mind.. That was when i heard about krishnendu at chingoli.

Coming here itself elevated our spiritual side the calm ambiance was just perfect to de-stress yourself. The rejuvenation therapy and and the yoga sessions helped us revive ourselves. The attentiveness of the staff was impressive.the hospitality that was provided- no words!!

We are seriously awestuck with the kind of offers they gave... Thanks to krishnendu for that 'back to life' feeling. Will visit again and again!

We were also happy to see one of our fellow inmate, Mr. Farook, who was bed ridden for around 4 years after an accident , was able to walk after four month long treatment in the centre... Congratulations Dr. Mohan .. Keep up the good work..!"

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joseraj P
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Since 2007 i was trying to reduce my weight through may diets and therapies.. but never succeeded completely... every time i start a diet, or a strong work out session i had to drop it due to numerous reasons i find..

That was when i came to know about Krishnendu Ayurveda. At first i came here with out any sort off hope.. but the with the guidance of Dr. Mohan and the staff ( who are very jovial, enthusiastic and motivating) i was able to reduce 10 kg. with in a due course of two month... The best part was i did not have to go through those tight starvy diet and straining work outs.. It was a nutritious and smooth journey.. The yoga sessions and the early morning walk have not just elevated my confidence looks wise.. But also internally.. The calm serene ambiance have a serious spiritual effect that conjugates the therapy sessions...

Dr.Mohan's motivation have helped me to maintain the weight and i look stunning now ( well that was the comments i receive these days.....). Thank you Krishnendu.. for the wonderful me i am... thanks a lot for making me healthy both physically and spiritually..!! :)

Room Tip: I loved my room right infront of the pool that was soo cool...!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ashima_CP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
The Royale Gardens Hotel & Resorts
#1 of 28 in Kottayam
Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre
Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre
#103 of 201 in Alappuzha

Been to Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!