“Simply Excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli
Ranked #57 of 70 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A fantastic property set in midst of lush green backdrops bursting with a serene aura felt like never before. My friend and I visited Krishnendu last month for a few days of rejuvenation. We just loved every bit of our 3 days stay here- the staff, food and the rejuvenation treatments just gave us an out of the world feeling. Just the place to detox and unwind for sure….
However, there is sure something which we despised- the location. It is kind of actually far from the Alleppey town whereas we thought it to be nearby as we had plans for backwaters as well.

Pro’s -
*A beautiful place set in lush greens.
*Good hospitality
*The rooms are good, especially the ones near to the pool area. (Note: Do book in advance if you are looking for pool side rooms as they are mostly occupied.)
*Good doctors, Wonderful therapists and masseurs.
*Not that bad of a food either.

Con's
*Location

All in all, it would be worth all your time and dosh spent.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Go for Pool side apartments - they are just too good !!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mannu2014
sandeep3040, Public Relations Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

hello Sir/Madam,
Happy to hear you had a comfortable stay at our place and we wish you a very happy and healthy time in forward.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

An authentic cure with out a surgery of a slipped degenerative disc is almost a fantasy for many of us. That's is when we go for an Ayurvedic treatment. Right now, at my home, I am easily moving around, climbing the steps, and having proceeding with my daily activities with out any difficulty or pain as i used to do ten years ago. The credit goes to Krishnendhu Ayurveda Wellness Center and Dr. Mohan Babu. With L4, L5 totally ruptured i was bed ridden when my colleague, suggested me this place. I could feel the changes as the medicated oils and the therapies were proceeding. I was able to stand up from the third day. Thank You... Thank you Doc and team for your immense support, guidance and care.

The lush green ambiance and the way they treat each patient, really, it's rejuvenating and gives a positive energy.

I am extremely thankful to Krishnendhu, for bringing back the real me.

Room Tip: The room near the swimming pool has the best view of the greenery.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hussain534
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is the first time I am spending my time to write review about my experience in a wellness centre and it’s only because of the hospitality and the facilities provided by Krishnendu Ayurveda Centre. I am frequent visitor of Ayurveda resorts, massage centres, spas, etc. I reached Krishnendu with a usual expectation of a massage centre. But as their name refers, it is a Wellness Centre and not just a resort. They rewrote my expectations of an Ayurveda Wellness Centres. Dr. Mohan Babu and his team are doing a great job in maintaining such a wonderful Ayurvedic ambience. More than facilitating this retreat they are providing a service to each customer and I am proud to say that am one among them. I will surely visit this Ayurvedic Destiny of Kerala again and again!!!! Thank you Krishnendu!!! Way to go!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank ajithez
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Loosing Weight was a nightmare until I was referred to Krishnendu! Their 3 weeks programme was so effective and refreshing, I came out as a completely different person! And not to miss the amicability of the staffs and the stay...My mother & me just loved it! Thanks to the doctors and the team at Krishnendu.You guys rock!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank SujithaKrishnan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights hoping to relax and try some massage treatments.

When I arrived I was immediately marched to a room at the back of the hotel with no view and very far away from everyone else.

Was eventually moved to a pool side room which was better but during this whole time, about an hour and. A half, the guest relations officer was very unpleasant to me and made me feel unwelcome. I think he saw my rucksack and assumed I didn't have money to spend so wasn't worth bothering with. When I eventually burst into tears (ridiculous) he was a little more kind but still made no effort to explain what happened there - when were meals, where was the fitness centre etc.

After seeing the doctor, who was also very abrupt, I was "allowed" to have a massage which was nice if a little bit functional. The women were pleasant but both talked over you throughout the treatment and various people would just walk into the treatment room all the time, not very relaxing.

The therapists also just come and grab you from your room at any time, as do the doctors who seemed desperate to weigh me all the time.

Yoga in the morning was ok, just a bit of stretching as most of the guests were a bit older and couldn't manage much more.

Food was dull and functional, being able to get dinner past 6.30pm would help! Nothing to do in the evening but sit and read, fine if you don't mind that but nothing else to do and everyone disappears off to bed at 7. Obviously nothing to drink but water too.

The grounds were pretty but very small, not really anywhere to stretch my legs.

Rooms were nice and big, clean with a good bathroom.

Didn't feel like the treatment was good enough to justify the very expensive cost of the room. Food was very cheap though. Paid £50 a night via Agoda and treatment for 3 days cost me £110.

Not a place I would recommend unless you have serious health problems that western medicine has failed on.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank VicThompson
sandeep3040, General Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear madam,
regret o know you had a bad experince here.i think you mis took our property as a resort and booked it.As mentioned in the name itself ,this is a ayurvedic wellness centre and not a resort ,here we go strictly by ayurvedic lifestyle and diet criteries.so unlike other resorts we dont serve food after 7pm .This centre is mainly for clients having health issues like obesity ,artheritis etc and also lyfstyle disorders and detoxification.
thnak you
sukumaran

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Krishnendu is an exemplary Ayurvedic Hospital, it’s rare to find such an apt combination of holistic healing and serene nature. The chief doctor Mohan Babu, is a really gem of a person, with his valuable guidance I could already feel a change in my health. Earlier I was deeply concerned about my high blood pressure and rising cholesterol, now after the treatment and a slight change in the lifestyle comprising healthy diet and exercises directed by the doctor, I feel more relaxed and comfortable.
Though the resort is slightly far from the town, the calmness, serenity and cleanliness is one of the best. For all those who are looking for perfect treatments plus a rejuvenation, I would highly recommend Krishnendu Wellness Centre as an ideal destination.
Not to mention, the food, the other staffs and the overall service is also exceptionally good.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Opt for a suite which has a direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank BijuA2014
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights and the treatment centre is ok. We stayed a couple for 4 days of rejuvenation. We will be told to be ready for treatment at a certain time the previous day. Then we will be asked to go for treatment 30 mins early and they stay at your your door to take you away. There is no privacy for changing at the massage centre. While you finish and changing you can see the next person having massage and with no locks there so expect anyone to walk in while you are changing. And the massage will happen with you just wearing a small piece of cloth as underwear which can be revealing at most times. There will be 2 pax massaging you on a wooden bench. Male for male and female masseurs for females.Most of the time I felt like a meat bag being rubbed upon, they don't treat you like a fellow human being lying there.

Also when your being massaged they could play some music to ease your ears but they try to talk to each other and since you don't have any idea of what they talk when you can't understand them. They don't speak much English so you will need the duty doctor to translate to them at times which can be too late at times when you try to tell something to the masseurs.

The lady at the reception was very friendly but she definitely needs some help. I had asked her for the bill on the 4 the day for several times and I finally got it at the end of the day, same goes for my pillow request at 11 AM till I received at 9 PM after persistently asking her and the night receptionists who knows limited English as well

The chief doctor was friendly and very helpful sorting our treatment but he is not there all around. In regards to the food at the canteen if you don't order in advance you get nothing. Even though they give you a menu card, unless there is enough people they cant make it for you. Plus the variety of fruits available are limited and they promise to get you later but they don't. And there went my mango lassi with no mango :(.

In overall if you just expect the treatment its good but if you after good service then I wouldn't suggest here. I was going to suggest this place but after going there myself I am not sure I can. But for the money you pay its ok but bit far away from any hotels or amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sivaram M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
0 mi away
Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
#1 of 29 in Kottayam

Been to Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital Chingoli? Share your experiences!