“Perfect ayurvedic centre with resort facility”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre
Ranked #56 of 67 Hotels in Alappuzha
Dubai
“Perfect ayurvedic centre with resort facility”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I first went to Krishnendu Ayirvedic Centre to consult Dr.Mohan about my disc herniation at L5-S1. My first was very good when I met Dr.Mohan. He did physical examination and given hope of recovery when I was literary suffering from pain and limping from one side.

The day when I was admitted I realized that it is not only ayurvedic centre but also rejuvenation centre with resort-like facility.

The environment inside this hospital is very cozy. The first day was bit boring as I felt lonely and seldom found anyone to mingle with me. But the day progresses I met many people all around the world.

The treatment was excellent. The treatment room needs bit of modern touch. The first two days I was not comfortable with the way treatment was progressing as therapist were talkative and the sound of the exhaust fan was annoying. I complaint to duty doctor named Dr.Krishnakumar who ensured that the therapist maintain complete silence and arranged for the music in the treatment room. I, apparently liked the music which was found to be very soothing during the treatment.

I found that all the therapists are professionally qualified therapist and knows their job very well. I found that all the therapist done excellent job on my back and especially focusing on my right leg. They are very co-operative and nice people. (so no regret of the first two days of their murmuring during the treatment).

The Ootupura cafeteria serve excellent food and their service is excellent too. When it comes to diet food they are also very strict...so don't expect any compromise from them unless you decide to break the rule. The open pond next to the cafeteria must be closed as it produce lots of Mosquitos in the evening. This is really annoying as evening it's very difficult to have your dinner in the cafeteria which is kind of open from three sides. By the way the cafeteria close at 6.30 pm so expect your last supper early.

The landscaping and the swimming pool are also well maintained. I liked the cute little love-birds of various colour. The walk track is also smooth but only concern about the passage inside the resort which I think should be smoothen as current situation is not good specifically for old people and patient suffering with back or leg pain.

The yoga master found to be very knowledgable and co-operative though I could only manage to do two session.

The front office lady found to be bit nervous sometime but she is very co-operative. There was no problem in dealing with her. The guy in the guest relationship desk was sometime not customer friendly. I guess he had some attitude issue. Being customer facing person he should maintain charm and smiling face which was lacking.

In order to reach this place you really need google map. Thank God I was carrying one. It's not easy to reach the place but once you are inside the place then you would surely enjoy it.

In nutshell, I liked my stay and found treatment very successful. I guess I recovered 80% in 14 days so I definitely recommend others to visit this placenonce in every year for rejuvenation if not for any treatment.

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Swethal
sandeep3040, Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
dear sir,
thank you for your review for krishenndu ayurveda wllness centre,in tripadvisor,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Krishnendu is a best place for ayurvedic treatment. It is a very good choice of family get away as well. Krishnendu provides all the most modern amenities such as Wi-Fi access, indoor pool and so on. All the staff including doctors are very skillful and nice. I highly recommend this facility to rejuvenate ourselves. Biju.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Biju101
White Plains, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Krishnendu is the best ayurvedic treatment centers located in Kerala! The facility has a beautiful garden and surrounding palm trees for great scenic views and an exceptional experience for those who love nature. The rooms are very clean and well kept by the staff. Each visitor feels the warm and wonderful individual attention that the doctor and staff provides.

Krishnendu is not only a hospital for people with medical conditions but a family get away as well. I visited this center with my family and we loved it. The facility had an indoor pool and had a separate pool for kids. We enjoyed wonderful massages from the staff, full use of the sauna, steam room, and spa. Laundry service/ dry cleaning was provided along with Wi-Fi access. The staff was very helpful in providing activities to the many tourist attractions nearby. There are also activities at the center such as yoga. The hospital provided us with a very convenient pick up and drop off service which was a real luxury.

I highly recommend others to come and experience the wonderful time that my family and I experienced. This is a must stop for people visiting Kerala.

- Melvin

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Melvin25
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Hi Dear Travellers to Kerala aka God's own Country,
I ve been wanting to write a review for Krishnendu for a while now.
The first time that I went there, was almost 10 years ago.
Your trip to this heavenly land is incomplete if you do not get a complete Ayurvedic treatment from Krishnendu. And by using the word treatment, dont misunderstand that this is something that you need to take advantage of only when you have a medical condition. NO.
The massages, the oil treatments, yoga, the dietery restrictions during the period just rejuvenates you, gives you a fresh energy, detoxifies you. My dad and I had back ache probelms n when we went down, we decided to stay here as its almost like a hotel in itself but also a hospital.
I would prefer not to call it a hotel becuase they dont feed you junk food (gives options within and outside of recommended most healthy and tasty kerala cuisine), they wouldnt extort you, they would attend to you as a guest and a patient, they are knowledgeable and experts in ayurvedic medical science n not hotel management.
Dr. Mohan and his team are the most sociable and helpful people. The team takes good care of you and customises the treatment based on your physique, needs and requirements.
My Dad has back ache problems and he goes back almost every year now for a few weeks for a treatment and he feels young as ever for the rest of the year. Chingolis is ideally placed and is an hour away from beaches and backwaters and houseboats.
And if you have not made any plans, tell someone in Krishnendu and they ll try their best to arrange something for you.
I dont ve to tell you more about how beautiful the place is, the pics talk for themself. We have spent a whole evening taking pictures there.
Vivek
Oak St., Harrison,
New york.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank vivekjon
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Krishnendu is one of the best ayurvedic treatment centers located in kerala. I am writing this review on behalf of my Grandpa who used to visit this place on problems related to his age.
I assisted him many times and I knew this place pretty well! We are thankful to Krishnendu wellness center as my Grandfather's health condition got many folds better. We believe ayurveda can do Magic as compared to Modern Medicine.

Dr. Mohan Babu was always nice to us and we appreciate his patience and skills. We feel free to call him any time over telephone for suggestions. He also responds to emails spontaneously with detailed descriptions. One thing that baffles me is how Dr. Mohan Babu is so familiar with the latest technology (espsly gadgets) even-though he is having a busy schedule!

The whole construction in Krishnendu is themed on Traditional Kerala Architecture and we really love the Nalukettu and soothing ambiance . Rooms, Bathrooms and Treatment rooms are tidy and spacious.

If everything goes well, I want to visit Krishnendu for a spa package in monsoon. I hope it would be totally refreshing!

In short I recommend this place based on our experience and care that we received.

Regards
Alex.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank Alex A
Dr.Sandeep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
The Royale Gardens Hotel & Resorts
#1 of 28 in Kottayam
Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre
Sreekrishna Ayurveda Centre
#99 of 193 in Alappuzha

Been to Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!