““Perfect family place to relax and unwind @ citrus Alleppey”

Citrus Retreats Alleppey
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Bengaluru, India
““Perfect family place to relax and unwind @ citrus Alleppey”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went in Alleppey in June 2014 and stayed at citrus allppey for 3 days. It's a great property and a fantastic location, but the food is quite ordinary and the service can be improved significantly. To start off with, the location is beautiful and property is a large. Thanks For the excellent service by tanmay thanks to him very very munch

Room Tip: Good Rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Prince_Kuriakose, General Manager at Citrus Retreats Alleppey, responded to this review, July 15, 2016
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Citrus Alleppey and for highlighting the pleasant experience you had with us.

We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and are grateful to patrons such as you for recognising our efforts. I also thank you for such a profound description of the ambience and the property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I can't say my experience was the best at citrus. I and my old parents got in to the hotel by boat. Room 211 was more like a 3 star with bird litter outside the passage way. Bathroom had lots of dirty marks on them and whenever you took a bath the water wouldn't recede. But the bathroom was as big as the bedroom....you could play a cricket match inside!!! Went for lunch at the restaurant...food was tasty but the menu was limited. We ordered prawns but was told they had run out and would get them in for dinner. The menu book they gave us looked as if it had been dipped in curry...yak!!!

Took the boat back to the city in the evening and when we returned had to sit inside the boat for 45 mins because the boat guy was collecting food rations from a shop to take back to the hotel....not the best wait... it was scorching hot!! Came back for dinner and they said no prawns yet....so had to stick to chicken and fish!!!

As I booked a triple room....they gave me an extra bed....so went to bed feeling so tired...fast asleep around 11.30 pm felt something biting me...woke up to see an insect by the size of 2 inches on my thigh sucking blood. I killed the insect straightaway and then called reception as I was in pain and no one answered!!! So I walked almost 100 meters from my room to the reception in complete darkness as they had offed all the passage lights leading to the reception...with great difficulty I managed to get to the reception in the dark...i understand this is a tropical country and insects are roaming freely and.to be fair to the guys they treated me well with some medicine....but the pain didn't recede till morning. I couldn't sleep all night due to the pain. They gave me some painkillers and offered to take me to the hospital...but I wasn't going To take a 15 min boat ride just to get across to the city at midnight.

Breakfast was buffet which was very good. We loved it. During checkout I called the reception to ask someone to help with the bags...but after waiting 40 mins and 2 calls to reception we decided to carry the bags ourselves as no one came to help...my parents were very upset they had to carry the heavy luggage.... quite the opposite when we checked in of course!! Once we got to the reception we were offered an apology... but not even a good bye! Also where we have to get in to the boat to get to the hotel...the 'jetty'...looks filthy...not maintained well by the hotel!! Though the scenery and the breakfast was very good....i doubt I would recommend anyone else.

4 Thank prashan3253
Prince_Kuriakose, General Manager at Citrus Retreats Alleppey, responded to this review, July 13, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience Citrus Alleppey.
I offer my sincere apologies for not delivering to the level of finesse and detail you have grown to expect out of Citrus. I have read your feedback sent to my attention and have read it in utmost detail.

Personalised and attentive service and food taste at our restaurant is our strength and Lack of promptness and efficiency from our team which you experienced is a rare lapse and one which I truly regret. Thank you for highlighting the inconsistency. I assure you that I will personally address your inputs with the team and take measures for ensuring that such incidents do not repeat.

Please do consider staying with us again and give us an opportunity to showcase the best of our hospitality to you.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is built on an island of sorts, which gives it a super exclusive feel. Had a great time here with my family. Check on the jetty timings before you reach ! Try and get a paddy view room, also you'll get a great deal if you book in the monsoon season which is technically lean season but kerala is a great place to be in the rains!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ajay A
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Citrus Alleppey, and we appreciate your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Our location is indeed the best in Backwater.

I do hope that you have many more occasions to visit us again and hopefully, in the not too distant future.
El Kelaa M'gouna, Morocco
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Citrus is an amazing resort at Alleppey next to back water. Went with a plan to stay for 2 nights with my family. Extended stay to the 3rd night. Starting with the exciting and adventurous drive through our family enjoyed every moment of our stay there. They... Thank to tanmay & Entire team @ citrus hotels

Room Tip: Add More Entermaent

Jaipur, India
Reviewed June 18, 2014

this is a beautiful way to reach there, my daughter told me that alleppy in kerala is called venice of the east. i found it like the way you arrive.
you get down by your taxi near iron bridge & a hotel boat will come, that will take you to the hotel by river route. hotel is made at the bank of the river & well maintained. you enjoy boat riding to hotel.

Dear Guest,

Our location is indeed the best in Backwater.

Pune
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hi
We stayed for 2 days in this resort in first week of Jun 14 and found this location very panoramic.
We got the back water facing room and the sight of watching Houseboats passing through from our bedroom was all together a thrilling experience.
The property is huge and facilities are adequate. The swimming pool is well maintained. The best part of this resort is the kitchen. The taste of food serve is very very good and staff is more than happy and willing to serve you what we like to have. The choice in buffet breakfast and Dinner is vast and tastefully prepared.
At the end of trip no one will like to leave such a nice and refreshing place :) :)....Just sitting on shore of backwater ans watching boats moving is very pleasing. I would give full 5 star to friendly and always staff at reception, Housekeeping and Restaurant
Just make sure that you reach this resort latest by 8pm as waiting for the ferry to take you from shore to this resort sometime may be tiring in night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Surat, India
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me write the good points first about the resort
1. Sourrounded by backwaters, clean property, good spacious rooms.
2. Decent breakfast and lunch spread and taste was also good.
3. Helpful staff but slow service
4. Very good spa and service.

Cons:
1. you have to come by their boat service which is once in 45 min, so either time your going out or coming in accordingly or wait. need frequent servie there.
2. Difficult to find the location where the boat picks you up. without calling hotel staff it would not be possible to come on your own.
3. Restautrant staff needs serious training. There is no one to attend you, you need to ask them to serve you water, replenish the food and then keep waiting. Lucnh experience was pathetic as we had to wait for everything right from Rotis to dessert. Needs serious overhaul in this aspect.
4. THEY NEED TO HAVE A DOCTOR ON CALL. Two people in our family fell ill and when we asked them do you have doctor on call, they said no. neither they knew of any doctors where we can go. They said we can provide you the boat. but where do we go?... Though i must say that they were helpful in arranging crepe bandage for my wife who had sprained her ankle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AmitDave
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience Citrus Alleppey.