“Ideal place for stay at Alappuzha”

Citrus Retreats Alleppey
Ranked #10 of 70 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stay at Citrus Retreat was a wonderful experience. In front of the hotel is the famous backwater. The widespread paddy field is behind you. What more you want? Beautiful scenes all around. The place is also very calm. Truly ideal for leisure days. You need to cruise to reach there. The Citrus team arrange a small passenger boat at Pallathuruthi Jetty for the cruise. That was a good experience. The staffs are so helpful in carrying the luggage to the lobby. The receptionist always smiles. She is so nice to communicate with. The interior at the lounge are designed beautifully.
The room is very neat and clean. Very beautifully designed too. Backwater view from the room is excellent. The food is tasty. There is big restaurant and its arrangements are also good. We had a cruise in the house boat provided by the Hotel. During the cruise we had experienced the monsoon rain. That was an unforgettable experience. Hence I recommend to stay there at Monsoon season, ie during June to August.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Santhosh N, General Manager at Citrus Retreats Alleppey, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy we could create happy memories for you! Looking forward to your next visit to Citrus! Regards, Santhosh Nair

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went to this resort last year with my mother and thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything is squeaky clean, housekeeping does a great job, the food is great, cooked exactly the way you like it. Just ask, said the very nice and friendly chefs. The restaurant has an awesome view of the lake and you can feel very calm and peaceful.
I used to keep watching the boats come and go all day long. In fact when I arrived here, I was a bit sick but from the time I landed here, as moments passed, I felt better and better and was soon fit enough to enjoy swimming.
. What made the place stand out was the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff who were all friendly and helpful. Very nice experience. My Mom loved it here too. I want to go back!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Citrus Retreat is a nasty place to stay, most of the staff were unprofessional and liars.
I hate Alleppy and backwater lake because of this bad hotel, there are too much lizards and Insects.I found 5 lizards in my room. I stay in Special Villa with Swimming pool which is the most expensive room type in this hotle. The problem with this type of room is the bath which is open to front garden(it's closed only by curtain) where the insects can pass easily to the bath then to the room. The source of water in the bath from the lake which is very waste and nasty odor , the color of water was yellow, I can’t took a bath !! . it’s not a 4stars Hotel. It’s 2 stars hotel in my opinion.
The hotel is modern. But they are bad in cleanness
Restaurant : it’s nice place with modern style but flavorless food.
Swimming pool in the villa : 3 meters long , 2 meters width !!! ?? it’s not acceptable even for child.

My evaluation for the hotel :
Cleanness of the room : 2.5 out of 5
Cleanness of the bath : 3 out of 5
Room service : 2 out of 5
Restaurant service : 2 out of 5
Restaurant flavor : 2 out of 5
Check in an out : 4 out 5

its acceptable if you want to relax and watch the world go by on the river, or walk around the nearby waterways to see village life.
Finally I don’t recommend any body to stay In this hotel .

Room Tip: use the regular room if u will stay in this hotel ( the room without swimming pool)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank osamah a

Thank you for your feedback!

It is guests like you who help us achieve greater heights!

We are sorry it was not up to your expectations.

Please rest assured we shall take corrective actions and leave no stone unturned to ensure quality guest experience. Do let me know if you travel to Kerala again and I shall be happy to take care of your reservations myself. Please mail me at c.santhosh@citrushotels.in for further assistance.

We trust that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Citrus Alleppey in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Santhosh Nair

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Citrus Team...you guys are really cool

Its one of the very few places I have visited which is top class in every respect....infrastructure, aesthetics and service

The HODs are really professional an I think it is a testament to what Santosh means to thos property. Chan at the spa, Shamsher at Front Office and the Senior Chef..sorry forgetting your name....you guys rock with your team members .

All of them are fluent in English and very convinient with Hindi...so you do not struggle at all. Plus each of these guys know their job pretty well, I must say

The property is rare mix wherein MODERNITY and virgin nature are just a step away from each other in a very elegant way. Step into your room for the best modern luxury and step out for the best natural view and experience...paddy fields, backwaters, exotic flowers et al. Talking of mixes, the food is sumptuous and tasty for the adventurous and the safe . Kerala food to north Indian to continental all very well done

I have already sent 2 families there by now and am your ambassador committed. Hopefully see you soon and this time with my children, who are anyways excited by the stories we tell them

Thank you very much for making our stay that nice

Cheers !

Room Tip: choose the one on the ground floor between the restaurnts and spa...facing the backwater stretch...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sanjeev S
Santhosh N, General Manager at Citrus Retreats Alleppey, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed with my family at the resort and I found it very nice service was awesome. Head chef was actually very caring he came to our table and checked if the food was good and not only that organised Jucie and chips for my son.

Room Tip: I had the room which had attached swimming pool. It was really good
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had been to Kerala in February this year, had stayed at 4* hotels in Munnar and Kochi as well. But this place was the highlight of the trip. The ambience is very beautiful, the view of backwaters just outside our french windows is the best part of the stay. Rooms were neat, tidy, spacious and with all the amenities one would need. Make sure you take a lake view villa / room. Food is good, the staff was also quite helpful and polite. Breakfast spread was quite good as well. The approach to the resort is via a boat, as it is located inbetween a lake. It has a decent enough swimming pool as well. All in all me n my wife enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Looking forward to your next visit to Citrus!

Regards,

Santosh Nair

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We thought will do backwaters in kerala for different experience..however plan changed and went to citrus as suggested by our travel guide. It was an awesome place...good location...good food ( all thanks to Chef Rahman )....thanks to Bijoy , Sandhya , Jisar , Bijeesh. Excellent staff makes the differnce. SPA was definetly good. M very sure will only go to citrus in lonavala for my next trip.

Will upload the awesome pics soon.

Room Tip: no need to worry all the rooms are in front of lake..can stay in any room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Looking forward to your next visit to Citrus!

Regards,