Stayed in this resort from 13'th to 15'th August 2013. Located in a scenic and isolated place.
1. On the very edge of the backwaters. Awesome ambience.
2. Limited rooms, hence doesn't feel crowded.
3. Promptly attended by the resort folks Rajith and Abhi.
4. Economical/Budget friendly. (For the Stay, excluding food)
5. Gives the real feel of backwaters as it's located on an island and is accessible only by boat.
1. Food is over priced (charged for individual items) and lacks variety. Breakfast was free but gotta eat what is prepared. No choice).
2. No geyser in room. So people with kids watch out as the water is ice cold.
3. Toilets could be better.
Do not expect a star rated pampering. However definitely does justice for what we pay. Quite surprised to hear they accept cards despite the locality. Rajith, the resort's point of contact/owner was prompt in arranging whatever the tourists needed. Kudos. Definitely worth staying there. You wont regret.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lap of the spectacular Punnamda backwaters in Kerala, Bamboo Lagoon Resort offers basic modern comforts at easily affordable rates. The hotel is ideally located in proximity to the azure Puunnamad River and also offers the exclusive privilege of a house boat cruise where you can have loads of fun all day long. Cochin airport is located at 46 km from hotel and the nearest railway station is only 5 km from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India