“Wonderful Place to stay”
Review of Palm Beach Resort

Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Wonderful place to stay, excellent hospitality and very caring staff. We really amazed with the location, it's perfect . Rooms were very clean,find nice and tasty food as home cooked. Very helpful and courteous staff. really enjoyed the place and find value of money. Surely, I'll stay here only in my next trip to Alleppey and recommending the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ajay_Balyan
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at info@alleppeypalmbeachresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

There are newer reviews for Palm Beach Resort

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here because of my 21 days ayurvedic treatment and it was simply wonderful. The location is right on a beautiful beach. By falling asleep or waking up you can hear the waves. My room was big and clean. There was lots of running hot water and a comfortable bed. And the best of all: the staff. They were always friendly and smiling and did everything to make my stay comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. They put so much effort in cooking my special diet every day - it was simply amazing. During the time I stayed, they got some very comfortable sunbed cushions. There are a lot of hammock to spend hours relaxing. And overall, the WIFI was the most reliable one I have had in India so far. For sure, I will come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank NinaSara

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We booked a sea view room. Arrived to be told they only had 1 room available for us - which was not sea view. And we would get our sea view room the following day. We got in to our room - it was AWFUL. Electrics hanging out the wall... Dirty marks on the floor, filthy light shades, black marks all over the walls... And when you flushed the toilet you got an almighty smell of s**t coming from the toilet. On top of all this, there was other residents in the hall/reception outside our room. They were using Skype, as the hall was the only place you could get wifi in the hotel. We could hear EVERY word they said. So if we could hear everything they said - they must hear everything from our room. No privacy. And not even a tv to try and create some background noise to create a tiny bit of privacy. We decided to get dinner before we said anything to management as we had not ate all day and it was 7pm. Got to the restaurant - ordered chicken curry. It was the worst curry I'd had in my life. And the chicken was on the bone which was not stated on the menu. I was starving - and still i couldn't eat it. My partner ate it just because he was so hungry. Asked for a coke, I got a plastic bottle.... First time I'd got this in a restaurant anywhere in my life. Was expecting a can or glass bottle? We then went back to reception and complained about the room - I stated that I was paying 3000 rupees (which was a 'special offer' booked online) - and this was the worst room if had since arriving in india. I'd payed 1000 rupees for a room in goa which was miles and miles better. If i'd paid 1000 rupees for this room i'd still be complaining. The manager (who was really nice) offered to give us our meal for free.... I wasn't happy at that. I simply was refusing to stay in this room. So he very nicely agreed to move us to another hotel just up the road. This hotel was miles and miles better. So we were relieved. The next day, we returned for breakfast. The manager then upgraded us to a 'superior' room. Instead of our booked standard sea view room. (Standard sea view room by the way isn't much of a sea view we found out) So that was good. The room was nice. Went to go for a shower... And no hot water.... The staff and manager were so nice in this hotel. Apart from the older gentleman outside who cleaned the garden who was pretty rude - I tried to say hello a few times and got ignored or given a dirty look....

Over all, come on guys!!!!

If you are going to charge such a high rate for your hotel get some good food in your restaurant, and hot water in the rooms, and wifi accessible in the rooms. And for god sake sort out the room we were first put in!! Shameful that you would charge anyone to stay in there!

Wouldn't be in a rush to return here.

If you do book it, make sure you book superior at least, and stay clear from the chicken curry!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Midgetgem1234

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Alleppey Palm Beach Resort, Kerala. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. We will look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Probably the worst fish curry i ever had, was in this hotel restaurant, otherwise Good location with mediocre rooms, mediocre service... There are way better options in allepey, try a homestay perhaps. Waiter in the restaurant exchanged my money wrong, leaving me with less money cause he had no change. It would have been okey if he told me he was out of change but he didnt and just hoped i wouldnt notice.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank tonyblomqvist
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nothing is too much trouble for the lovely staff at Palm Beach resort, the manager is great, he made phone calls for us, he printed off tickets and topped up our phone.
We had booked in for four days and stayed ten. We were up-graded upon booking in, to a room with balcony, overlooking the beach. From our huge, comfortable and clean bed we could see dolphins playing in the waves. The room was large, clean and modern, as was the bathroom (wet room style) . Our shower head was a bit slow and it was changed within five minutes of asking.
The fan is silent and the air-con efficient. Wifi is free and fast. It is available in reception, it reaches the restaurant and sun beds! Sunbeds have thick mattresses and large parasols. A lovely man potters about and keeps the place spic and span!
The lovely waiters say “your usual breakfast?” with a smile , they remember coffee a bit stronger, eggs scrambled and fruit with no orange! They stored our water in their fridge and we returned for our fruit at 11am. We spotted one waiter outside his house and were invited in to meet the family and offered drinks and nibbles.
Step from reception onto golden sand, fall asleep to the gentle rolling of the waves.
There are few nice restaurants just a short walk along the prom – we liked the Harbour Restaurant in the evening, next to it is Reams but take a torch as the tiny road can be rather dark. It is perfectly safe though!
It is just a 10minute tuk tuk to the houseboats – the manager advised us to go to the government office at ‘finishing point’ to book our overnight stay on a houseboat, which saved us £40.
The manager was up at 6am to wave us off and make sure the tuktuk he had booked for us turned up. The kitchen staff started early to prepare us fruit and drinks for our journey.
If ever we return to Kerela we would not dream of staying anywhere else but the Palm Beach, taking into account breakfast included and free wifi, wonderful English speaking staff and comfortable, clean rooms, excellent location on the beach, it is worth every penny. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back overlook the beach, watch the dolphins from your bed!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tina C

Reviewed February 4, 2014

If the sound of a great hotel right on a quiet but beautiful sandy beach appeals then look no further than this hotel. From the moment we arrived the manager and his staff could not do enough for us. Check in was quick and easy and our room, on the 2nd floor overlooking the beach was wonderful. Clean and tidy the air conditioned room was sufficiently big enough with a large and very comfy bed. The bathroom was clean, tidy and functional although the shower head was not the best. The hotel restaurant serves a wonderful selection of breakfast choices and the food throughout the day was very tasty and very reasonably priced. On our first morning the manager visited us at breakfast and asked if there was anything we particularly wanted to do during our 5 night stay. We asked about a cookery course and he arranged for us to watch the hotel chef preparing curry and samosas which was excellent. We asked about a backwater boat trip and he organised a 3 hour tour for just the two of us on a lovely boat which was probably the best £15 we spent on our holiday. Whilst a little bit off the beaten track it's only about a 10 minute stroll to a couple of local restaurants and a bar and it's a 3k walk or a 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride into the local town. All in all we loved this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and fellow travellers.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor overlooking the sea and the view from the balcony was amazing so a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trustmetours57

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for two days with my wife for honeymoon, it is really good, staff is courteous, location - awesome, beach view from your room, if u come to allepey, its d place to stay, value for money, not too expensive

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Abhishek B

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. Thanks once again for the stay and review and we will look forward to welcome you again in the future.