“Amazing find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Bella Art & Meditation House
Ranked #5 of 195 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Originally we were booked somewhere else, but a week before coming to india my wife was researching and she made me switch accommodations to Bella! Was I ever glad!!!

The host were wonderful and the accommodations were first rate!

Jack, the pug, is of course the star, both for the guest and in his own mind, he is handsome and he knows it!

Wonderful stay, thanks so much!

Rob & Amanda

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is probably the best place we have stayed in India. From the location to the room to the food to the service, everything is absolutely awesome. You basically are walking into a home. The owner Biju is so friendly. We arrived from Kochi to here and we were greeted by his adorable pug, Mr Jack. lol. The whole house is surrounded by plants and trees. You don't even feel the heat that much even though it was close to upper 90s in Kerala when we were there(March).

Food was excellent. Loved the coziness of the room. There is a sitting area outside the room where you can relax and there's a shelf full of books you can borrow to read.

Biju also showed us the meditation room upstairs which was so nice and peaceful. His wife was in North India learning meditation when we were there. So he was planning to make changes to the room when she comes back so that they can also teach the guests. Future guests are so lucky.

He also let us keep our luggage there when we went on a overnight house boat. And the house boat place is very close to the hotel too.

Definitely Bella house is the place to stay in Alappuzha. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 18, 2014

After a grueling 7 hours journey on a non-ac bus from Munnar, I was welcomed into this little piece of heaven. When you're here, you can really feel the love they put into every little things.
Had the best nap in my one month trip to India. Woke up not knowing where I was and what time of the day it was. Comfy bed. Wonderful room.

Biju and Natasha really goes above and beyond.

I prebooked the room online. When I arrived, Natasha suggested that I change the room to a smaller one so I could save some money! Now that's some excellent service! You will realise very soon that they treat you with kindness, and as friends.

I remember on the morning I was due to leave, I asked Biju if there was local breakfast. He immediately asked his cook to prepare another set of breakfast (despite the fact that the normal toast was already done - I knew this only after). And at the mention of his awesome fruit juice, he made another one for me before I left - I'm not sure what he puts in it, but it's addictive!

Little tip: Remember to let them book the canoe day trip for you. Human powered - no engines, no fumes, no noise like the other houseboats. Second best decision I made in Allepey. At some points, we were going down the smaller canals (that the bigger boats can't reach) with just the sound of water trickling from the oar.

Thank you, Biju, Natasha and, not forgetting the absolutely adorable, Jack, for making Allepey such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kent
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Bella for 4 nights in January (so sorry for the late review Natasha and Biju!). We loved our time here and Natasha, Biju and Jack the pug made us feel so welcome. Natasha and Biju always had time to chat with us and kindly arranged an amazing overnight trip on a houseboat, which was a great experience and superb value for money. Breakfast at Bella's was delicious, we chose the Kerala's breakfast each day and breakfast was always different which was good as we got try different Keralan food. Biju also makes the most amazing pineapple juice with spices, fantastic! The rooms were beautifully decorated and there's a lovely shared balcony upstairs to watch the sunset, or the secluded garden veranda downstairs. We would not hesitate to stay here again - thank you so much Natasha, Biju and Jack for a great stay and for being such warm and hospitable hosts! Nikki & Kev (jan 2014).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Torquay
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Bella is excellent. My partner and I stayed for 4 nights (extending our stay by a night as we liked it so much). Natasha was away so we were left in the capable hands of Biju and Mr Jack (their adorable pug).
Biju is a local and his inside knowledge was invaluable in helping us arrange day trips, evening trips and even getting my mobile phone fixed!
The guesthouse is immaculate and beautifully decorated. Biju also has an incredible sound system which plays relaxing Keralan music throughout the day.
The breakfast was of impressive quality and even more impressive quantity!
We got the feeling that nothing would be too big an ask of Biju to make sure his guests are comfortable and happy.
Highly recommended. We hope to return in the future!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was great experience @ Bella ,
1) Biju and Mr Jack are very best Host.
2) Biju is very friendly and co- operative , He guided us very properly .
3) Room was very neat and clean. Every Item in the room was like new.
4) very delicious break fast .
overall our stay @ Bella was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: we stayed in BALI Room . It is really a great room @ Bella.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bhausa87
Noida, India
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Me and my Hubby visited Allepey in Feb'14. Stayed in Water Lily room at Bella Art and Meditation House for two days. Overall experience was great. Missing the welcome Pineapple shake made by Biju and Kerala style pancake made by Natasha in breakfast till now. :)

- Room is very clean,beautiful and cozy.
- We love the garden at Bella's entrance.
- Location is great.
- WiFi speed is wonderful.
- Biju is a very nice and helpul person. He arranged houseboat, tuktuk and cab to periyar for us.

Some suggestions:
- Television should have some english or hindi channels also.
- It would be great if in-house cooking is also there.

I strongly recommend this homestay to all the travellers who want true value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but we personally loved Bali and Water Lily the most.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple