“If I could rate this experience 6 stars..” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ayana's Homestay
Ranked #6 of 192 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“If I could rate this experience 6 stars..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This homestay was amazing. I was made to feel so welcome. The food was fantastic. Gopal and Padma, my hosts were so lovely. Ayana's Homestay was my favourite experience I had during my time in India. It was beautiful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at Ayana's Homestay as part of an Intrepid trip and it was definitely one of the best memories I have taken away with me. The home is in a beautiful setting and very clean. It really feels like a home and the food was some of the best I had while on the trip. A great experience and worth the journey to Alappuzha. Don't expect luxury- you may have a bucket shower but it's all part of the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Socotra Island, Yemen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I really enjoyed this homestay experience. The family was very friendly and informative. The food was a great introduction to local cuisine. The rooms were clean and the hosues were very well organised and comfortable. Highly recommended for a real local experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a delightful stay at Ayana's Homestay. The service was great and the food delicious and leant of it, yum. Gopal and his wife Padma were kindness itself, interesting and informative. They go out of their way to ensure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Zagreb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

A breathtaking scenary,great people, amazing food, lovely accommodation...can't wait to go back!
Kerala State is my favourite Indian destination...I took one third of my photos there...The people are easy-going, relaxed, friendly, accommodation great and I just loved the food...the portions very generous and tasty of course...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was part of an Intrepid tour. The location on the river was so peaceful, my room was large and clean and the family very accommodating. Excellent food too! I was taken on a guided walk around the area and an ayervedic massage at the local hospital was booked for me. Couldn't fault it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This homestay visit, for two nights, has given me memories to last a lifetime. Gopal and his wife Padma made every effort to ensure that I was happy, comfortable and that my many questions were answered. I learnt in some depth about the river system, about rice farming, about Ayurvedic herbs and ingredients, and about Indian religions. To top it off, my passion for cooking was able to increase through the opportunity to be involved in cooking three meals, involving several of my requested South Indian favourites, all of which I wrote down to cook back home. The beauty and serenity of these backwaters was not just seen but also felt, during a canoe ride one afternoon, a walk through the river-side village, a brisk early morning health walk through lanes in the paddyfields, Another example of their devotion to my interests was when, upon hearing of my interest to see the sea, they organised a driver to take us to the beach, and I was able to dip my toes in the Arabian Sea, a thrilling experience, whilst eating chilli pakoras abd watching camels give rides on the sand.
On my last night, the family honoured me greatly by organising a dinner actually on the water. A table was placed in the canoe and lit with oil lamps, and we travelled gondola style, gliding along whilst the "gondolier" pushed with a long pole. Lights flickered on shore and the atmosphere was magical.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo