“I loved it so much I came back rather than go back to Kochi”
Review of Ayana's Homestay

and 1 more site!
Ayana's Homestay
Ranked #6 of 211 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I guess the title says it all! My experience was so great I decided to return to Ayana's rather than go back to Kochi after being on the houseboat. The hospitality was spectacular as was the chance to become part of the community. The whole Nair family were warm and welcoming and my time spent with them was both stimulating and relaxing. I can't recommend this homestay more highly.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter - they're all good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I spent a great night here as part of an Intrepid trip and had such a lovely time - I wish we could have stayed more than 1 night. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food was delicious - we were fed until we could eat no more!

The whole family were great hosts, but Mr Nair senior in particular was brilliant - he has a smile that can light up a room & nothing is too much trouble.

I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was a bit apprehensive about staying in a homestay as I really didn't know what to expect, but the Nair family are so warm and welcoming, it was perfect! great food, clean and comfortable, can't recommend highly enough :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The home stay experience is part of an Intrepid travel trip we were on in Kerala we weren't sure what to expect however on arrival we were warmly welcomed and were made to feel like honoured guests by the family. The Nair family go out of their way to ensure you have an excellent experience in the backwaters, Vishal keeps you comfortably informed and clearly enjoys hosting people - we also had the opportunity to meet his lovely new wife. .All this is accompanied by Padmas very good food (no chance of losing weight here!).
We spent a relaxing afternoon sitting by the water watching the world go followed by a walk and sunset boat trip back to the house - venetian style - now i understand why it is referred to as the Venice of the east). A short stay here is highly recommended we look forward to visiting again sometime in the future

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have just spent three wonderful nights in Ayana's Homestay with the Nair family. They are so friendly and accomodating and made me feel like part of the family. The tour of the local area is so interesting and Vinit is inspiring with his knowledge and love of the area. I highly recommend a few days in the Backwaters to rest and unwind.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank StephBriggs
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Had a great time. Vinit was so easy to deal with. I got picked up by boat and taken to the house where I was treated fantastically. The food was amazing and the company even better. I felt like a part of the family in no time. It was also great to learn what the family are doing to keep the environment clean and offer the local people more work opportunities. This is an experience you should not miss if your headed to India.

Room Tip: Speak to Vinit or Vashal direct
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We had the most wonderful time in the backwaters. Ayana's was one of the highlights of our trip to Kerela and the food at the homestay is the highlight of that highlight. The Nair family are insanely friendly and never miss the opportunity to make you feel at home. They open their lives up to you and within no time you feel part of the family. Taking a stroll around the village you see how friendly and welcoming everybody is. A highly recommended experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple