“Perfect place to stay”
Review of Regal Mansion

Regal Mansion
Ranked #13 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just loved everything, it was so nice to stay there. The owner Santhosh is very kind his wife too. And they have WIFI hahaahaha, I was lost without internet connection Santhosh told me te id password ect and i was soo kaaaaappy!! They know how to treat tourists they are PERFECT!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I dropped in without a reservation late one night when we decided mid-tuk-tuk-ride that the place we had planned on checking in to was on too dark and creepy a street. We had passed this one on the way so doubled back and went in.

The family was friendly and welcoming, and the room clean and comfortable. My only criticism was that when 'helping us' to arrange extras, like a houseboat for a day and onward travel, Mr. Santosh overcharged us a bit, but to be fair, maybe he expected us to haggle him down (which at that point in our trip, we hadn't yet gotten accustomed to doing). so just don't be afraid to bargain for extras.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Regal Mansion from 02 Nov to 03 Nov 12. We were very well looked after by husband- wife duo. They were very courteous & helpful.We really felt at home.
Thanx to Ms Rajee & her husband.

Col A K Mukherjee
Kolkata

Room Tip: No comments
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very good place for stay. rooms are very good and clean. service provided by Mr santosh and his family is excellent and very helpfull. provided food was very good and hygienic.
Thanks.
P K Kewalramani.
Ulhasnagar (Mumbai)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This homestay is very clean with a nice green garden and in a quiet environment on short distance from the hectic town centre and close to the start of the houseboat tours. The owners, Rajy and Santhosh were very nice and helpful. I will never forget that Santhosh took me and my son, who was ill, to the hospital and after a few hours, when he wanted to go and I needed a breakfast, asked a friend to stay in the hospital so that my son was not alone! And in the afternoon, Rajy made some black tea and toast for my son and gave him bananas. They even came to visit him in the afternoon in the hospital! Really nice and considerate people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MoniqueD1
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights with perfect hosts. The family was super nice, the rooms were simple and clean, the breakfast (additional) we got was tradional kerala style (puutte) and very tasty. Whenever we needed help, the owners gave us helpful advises.
The house itself is a little off the city center, but within a ten minute walk or short auto ricksha ride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kingtinty
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Really a calm and beautiful place where u can enjoy the peace and beauty of nature.

This is a very neat and beautifully kept house. The owners are very cooperative and gave us a very warm welcome. I stayed there for one night with my family and my parents. We still cannot forget the delicious Idlis and Sambhar prepared by Mrs. Santosh,

It rained heavily for about half an hour in the morning and we enjoyed the rain before going to the house boat trip. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there (especially due to the neatness and greenery).Everything about the house is beautifull - the rooms, bathrooms, the swing in the hall, the little aquarium (my daughter liked it very much), the traditional Deepak, the verandah, greenery..... and the list goes on.

The best part is the homely service provided by the owners. Once u stay here, and definitely you would like to come here again and again .

It is my first experience of staying at a homestay and is an unforgetable experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family