“great stay”

Ranked #39 of 198 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“great stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

stayed here in october 2012 for a couple of nights and had a great time. the room was nice and clean with good bed and tiled floors. friendly atmosphere around the place with the staff and other guests. jason and the owner whos name i have forgotten were very helpful with whatever you needed and very accomodating, has a nice balcony out the front and a side one with chairs and tables as well as guitar and drums to play. was probably the best value for money we found in all of india. would definitely stay here again and recommend to other travellers.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 & found it clean & excellent value. The staff were really friendly & informative. We wanted to do a houseboat tour in Allepey & they offered to show us their boat (not pushy) so we took a look & it was perfect so spent a night on that too. Would definitely recommend for budget travellers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here last April after travelling by various means from Chennai to return to the UK from Cochin so we were on the last leg of our journey.
We arrived in Allepey by ferry and I already had my heart set on staying somewhere I had read about in the Lonely Planet guide. We had stayed in a really poor place the night before and I was determined we would not repeat the experience. The owner met us from the ferry and I was dubious to say the least. when we arrived I could see that the place was not quite a "heritage home" -however, it was clean and we had a large ground floor room with a bathroom.
The highlight of the stay was Jaison who advised us on the best beach to visit (not Allepey beach) We had a wonderful tut tut driver Sherif who took us all over the place for the duration and gave us some great experiences.
The price was good. Im not sure really about the location but there were some good food places around. I would not advise using the one nearest as the man who owned it was a pig and was full of contemp for foreigners.
I think we stayed here 3 nights. It was a happy experience and thanks to Jaison for making it so.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There is no better place to stay in Allepey! Very friendly people who can show you every places to see. The rooms are so big and clean. The house is also very big and clean, has a got resting area and nice porch . Definitely the best choice.
Best regards from Victor and Mireia ( Alliyah!!!!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed in this lovely place for a few days on my Visit to Kerala with a friend. We really enjoyed our stay there. Peaceful and relaxing.. But also close to shops . The food in the area was great. Helpful friendly staff. Wonderful Houseboat experience. something I will never forget .. Good value for money. And Jaison you are a star ..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visited the hotel for two days while traveling solo through Kerala, and I had a really great experience here! It is really close to anything you would want to see in Alleppey--a ten minute walk from the town center with shopping and restaurants, a 15 or so minute walk to the backwaters, and 2 km from the beach. My room was spacious and comfortable (the biggest room I have had in my travels in India), and the hotel has a kitchen with a fridge where you can store food. In addition, the people who run the hotel are really helpful and caring--they even helped me figure out getting a bus to my next stop! I am a budget traveler, and you really can't beat the hotel or location of the hotel for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

me and my 2best travelling ninjas had a geat time here.....lovely friendly atmosphere, good value for money, and a fantastic houseboat on the back waters, this made our trip....oh and jason T is the best bro you could want..

Room Tip: no pool at finess centre....come on you in the middle of india