“Great Value for the Price, Great Experience”

Dream Nest Guesthouse
Ranked #39 of 199 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Great Value for the Price, Great Experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visited the hotel for two days while traveling solo through Kerala, and I had a really great experience here! It is really close to anything you would want to see in Alleppey--a ten minute walk from the town center with shopping and restaurants, a 15 or so minute walk to the backwaters, and 2 km from the beach. My room was spacious and comfortable (the biggest room I have had in my travels in India), and the hotel has a kitchen with a fridge where you can store food. In addition, the people who run the hotel are really helpful and caring--they even helped me figure out getting a bus to my next stop! I am a budget traveler, and you really can't beat the hotel or location of the hotel for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

me and my 2best travelling ninjas had a geat time here.....lovely friendly atmosphere, good value for money, and a fantastic houseboat on the back waters, this made our trip....oh and jason T is the best bro you could want..

Room Tip: no pool at finess centre....come on you in the middle of india
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Chatel, France
Reviewed October 1, 2012

i was there with my girlfriend it was just a very good feeling in da house!
With jason, the guy who take care of you and he is every time smiling, u can drink tea in his uncle shop,play tabla ,meet kunjachan an indian pirogue driver so funny!! its a very nice place, clean, big , and chip! thank u my friend for that amazing holidays

Room Tip: follow your instinct, and
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

There is a great homely atmosphere here. We relaxed here for a few days and enjoyed hanging out in the common room. It is located in a nice quiet area but you're also only a 5 minute walk from all the shops so it's ideal. Highly recommend it to any one looking for a place to relax and chill for a few days.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed with Dream Nest for two days in September and absolutely loved it. The room was spacious and clean, the service was excellent. The whole hotel felt quite homely and the owners were very welcoming. I'll be back here again! :)

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days and had the most amazing experience. We were weary from our long train journey, and daaaaling (nicknamed by us because he is so lovely!) fished us at the bus station. We even went on his boat for a night in Alleppey along the backwaters, which was such a fantastic experience! There is a kitchen that you can cook in, with a fridge (a luxury we hadn't seen in a while) and they also have a lounge area with a TV which is a great social space where we met other travellers, PLUS free internet...what more could you want! Its also SO close to the centre of Alleppey, is a great price, and the guys running it are lovely!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Dream Nest Heritage Home is the place to be in Alleppey because of the following reasons:

1. The location:
The homestay is located in a calm area near to the center of Alleppey (10 min. by foot) and placed in a backyard. Once I stepped onto the property I did not recognize the noise of the small Cullen road.

2. The homestay
The Dream Nest has 3 big rooms with generous bathrooms attached, one room is equipped with an AC. Furthermore there are two big living- rooms, a kitchen and a terrace, which is a cool place to enjoy the evening with nice people, you've just met as a room- neighbor.
All in all the building can be described as a lovely house (not luxury style but definitely in top- condition) which is obviously clean and well- maintained.

3. The staff and service
It's like a family home: Saiju (the manager) and his staff (rarely I met such big- hearted and trustful people) took so much care of my needs, I was overwhelmed. The boys will always find the best answer to anyones requirements. At Dream Nest you can have for example your self- prepared Dinner (all facilities are available) or the staff will invite you to join them. But nevertheless there's enough space for your privacy if you want to relax. Not to mention anymore Saiju will recommend you the only best boat trips and local events etc.

4. The price is totally reasonable

To sum it up: I've been twice to the Dream Nest and everytime I'll be in South India I'll try my very best to make it to Alleppey. The perfect place to meet new and old friends in this inspiring atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends