“Aweful experience”

Avocado Garden Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 80 Restaurants in Alappuzha
Cuisines: Indian, Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bengaluru, India
“Aweful experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Been there for Nehru Boat race and stayed at Vrindavanam Heritage Home. Avacodo is part of this place . for Ambience and all i will say this place is very good but the service is pathetic . they have arranged some Boat race package which includes race tickets plus food and beverages but being a vegetarian i suffered a lot ,had to eat rice with curd which i have never done in my life before. organizers were not having any interest in their guest's comfort rather they were busy in enjoying themselves with foreign guest and not paying attention to Indian guests
That's thing i hate most in this place , will never recommend this to any one
A big NO to Avacado and Vrindavanam

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Vikas S
shafees, Manager at Avocado Garden Restaurant, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
hi

when you came to snake boat race we provide both veg and non veg food coz lots of westerns eat veg only ,so you cant say we dont provide the veg ,i remember the situation you drinking with your friends and came to eat by 3.30 on that almost all the veg food finish but mean while we make a omelet and give to you with raita and dal with papadom , and we all enjoy the snake boat coz its our olympics and we having more fire than you guys...but we sorry we cant give you a proper veg food by time around 3.30 coz we start serving by 1 o clock onwards ...

Castel Del Piano, Italy
“fresh and wild”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

yum yum yum - tasty fresh fish - kerala style wrapped and grilled on a open fire - chicken was succulent and obviously had a good life running around - tasted so healthy! Delicious!

Visited February 2013
Bracknell
“Twinkly garden retreat”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were staying the opposite end of town, but saw the reviews and gave it a try. We had a friendly greeting and were shown into a lovely garden with tables and some low level seating with cushions. The fish in banana leaf was delicious as were the veg curries. The added bonuses were that they were licensed and also played Bruce Springsteen on request!

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything I had from the restaurant 'Avocado' while I satyed at Vrindavanam Heritage Home was really ...well...yummy! I particularly recomend the Tandori Chicken or the bbq fish as I found these dishes hard to beat anywhere else that I ate while in India. I also love the way you can see the chef cooking and obviously enjoying what he does! Its true that when the restaurant looked busy sometimes food took a little longer but the atmosphere is so great it is hard to see why anyone would have a problem with this. Personally I would also rather wait and have great food than have prompt but unexciting food. I give this restaurant 10/10 and am still salivating over the memories of the food I had there - I recomend you go!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lizzcawley
Calicut
“Avocado is no great fruit anyway”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A lovely old house has been converted into a pretentious restaurant to woo in some gullible foreigners. Unfortunately quite a few seem to be biting the bait. The eating area is located deep in the interior and the hosts seem quite liberal in permitting liquor consumption, though I very much doubt whether they have a permit for it. In the evening the inside court yard that doubles up as the restaurant is dimly lit with small bulbs on trees and bushes. The overall effect exudes small town cheapness. The food is bad. Going by other reviews, maybe the local fish preparations are good; I do not know. We had ordered Chinese. It was greasy and the chicken was tasteless. I sincerely doubt whether they have any experienced cook at all. And the order took ages to materialize on our table.
Overall, it was a bad experience; one of the worst in Alappuzha, where generally the food is good wherever you go.
Avocado is valued for its fat content and not the taste. The restaurant seems to be aptly named.

• Visited February 2013