“Our favourite homestay”

Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Alappuzha
London, United Kingdom
“Our favourite homestay”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived here after a long trip. We were given the choice of rooms and chose a ground floor garden room with a veranda.The room was large, clean and bright with air conditioning and a ceiling fan. It had everything we needed. We were tired and although there is no restaurant facility Mr Gypson arranged for a super meal to be delivered from a local restaurant which we ate on our veranda. Breakfast was served in the garden, a very pretty setting just a stones throw from the beach. Fresh juice and fruit and a selection of English or Keralan favourites. You could ask Mr Gypson for anything and he would go out of his way to provide it for you. He and his lovely wife Jincy could not have been better hosts and helped us with everything from taxis and rickshaws to day trips, houseboats and restaurants. Even where to go to see a temple elephant. We would highly recommend casamaria . It is the nicest place we have stayed in this price range. When we left it was like leaving friends, We plan to return again next year.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor rooms as they had covered verandas looking out onto the garden. The upsta...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WilliamMaria, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2014

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and considering it as your favorite Home Stay

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Kind Regards

William Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Clontarf, Queensland
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This turned out to be one of the most friendly hotels I have stayed at in India and probably anywhere. Right from the outset you just get the feeling that they are there to help and make sure your stay is memorable.

We were shown to a nice room on the first floor, room 102. This overlooked the garden and the Arabian Sea. We later found it nice to sit by the windows in the chairs provided and have drink with the windows open and A/C turned off.

The room had all you could wish for, A/C, fridge, wardrobe, television and just one thing missing A KETTLE! Mind you we could have asked for tea every morning, but its not the same. The missing kettle and the very week wifi (in the room) were the only things we could complain about.

The friendliness of the staff, the more than adequate breakfast and the ambiance made up for all the little niggles. It would be so easy to give this place a five rating if the only people reading it were only Indian travelers, but others might expect more than what they actually get.

The sea was a short stroll out of the back gate. The beach has had some bad reviews, but although I agree the beach is a little grubby, I fail to see how the staff at the Casamaria can be blamed.There are some restaurants and even a type of pub only a few minutes (10 to 15mins.) walk from the hotel and we often walked in to Alleppey which took about 30 to 40 minutes.

This place was very good value for money and I would not hesitate to return, I believe when the price is taken into consideration you would be hard pressed to do better.

Room Tip: This place has only six rooms, the ground floor rooms have a little veranda, so I assume they are a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WilliamCoastline, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort !

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Casamaria Beach Resort on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Casamaria Beach Resort . We are glad that we could make your trip memorable and you had an enjoyable stay with us

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for support and for kind words of appreciation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Tiruchirappalli, India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a wonderful experience being in Casamaria Beach Resort and Boat House. Hospitality was good. They guided us to visit spots with less effort which helped us more. Transportation facility, ambiance, food was good.

Room Tip: "Back suites are compact and sunny"

Manchester
Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the moment we arrived we could tell this was going to be an enjoyable stay. We were offered a choice of rooms. Decided on the first floor as larger than the ground floor but no outside area. Great view over the garden to the Arabian Sea. The secret to a great stay is simply to ask Gypson (the Manager). He arranged everything we wanted from beer in the fridge to trips out. Breakfast was excellent. (you can have it in the garden). All the staff were helpful and attentive. We were here for 12 excellent days and could not find fault.The hotel was clean and comfortable. Convenient for walking to 2 good restaurants but rickshaws always availble to travel further afield. I say again just ask and if it is possible it will happen.

Room Tip: Ask Gypson

Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Let me start by saying how nice the staff were, always ready with a smile and super helpful.

Now about the rooms, in our first room the toilet was broken and water poured over the floor even after they had tried to fix it, the noise from the water pump was horrendous, we were promised a fridge but that did not turn up and the bed was one of the hardest i have ever slept on. After two nights we were moved to a different room which was much better (still no fridge) but it did have wi-fi as it backed onto the lobby, this was very useful to us as this was the only hotel that we had booked that did not provide wi-fi. The bed was just as hard but this may be fine for other people.
The lack of hot water was not so much of a problem as they were always willing to put it on if you asked. The A/C was very good and the room also had a ceiling fan which was nice if you don't like to sleep with the A/C on.
Breakfast was always very nice - we had ours outside the room in the lovely garden - served with a lovely smile from the staff who would always offer extra tea or coffee.

The hotel is very close to the beach which really is beautiful with very few tourists, unfortunately it is used by the locals as a tiolet so you have to watch where you step, also if you like to sunbath this might make you feel a little uncomfortable. What is great fun however is helping the fishermen to pull the boats out of the water, they will often get anyone passing to give a hand. The water is as warm as you could wish for and it's a lovely walk through the shallows up to the local restaurants for lunch or a cold beer.
All in all we had a very relaxing stay which could be made so much better by just a few small changes, I would recomend this place if you could get one of the better rooms.

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances have room 103
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WilliamMaria, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

We are very happy to note that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the hotel.

The team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon at Casamaria Beach Resort

Warm Regards,

cornwall
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for a week in February with my wife and overall we enjoyed the experience. I would agree with all the good points other TA users have written however there are a few areas that need sorting out. The first is the hot water system; we could deal with the fact that it was only on for a limitted time in the morning as it could be switched on when needed at other times. The problem was the awful racket the water pump makes. I read about this in a previous TA review but it is a noise that has to be experienced to appreciate how bad it is; a sort of groaning, growling noise that would not be out of place in a Sci Fi movie. Our first room was near the pump but we were moved after the first night as it was impossible to sleep through the racket: I get the feeling that guests who are only staying for one night get the rooms next to the howling pump rather than just getting the problem fixed. The rooms were generaly OK but the beds have the thinest, hardest mattresses and were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have ever attempted to sleep in.
The bigest issue was that the naturally beautiful beach is used by local fisher men as their main toilet. Whilst I understand that this is all part of the local culture, Casamaria does claim to be a beach hotel so they should at least try to keep the beach adjacent to the hotel clean (as the beach hut owners in Goa do). I'm no prude but there is something un-nerving about someone coming to squat within 20 feet of you and leaving a nasty surprise to step in. On some days the beach was disgusting and unuseable, certainly not the place for young children. The beach was really off putting and for reasons of hygiene I would not return: a shame because the hotel was quite charming.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the hot water pump as possible. Wi Fi is weak but does work in some of t...
Rydebäck, Skåne Län, Sweden
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This place is perfect for a nice and calm holiday. The house is in beautiful colonialstyle with a nice big garden and next to the beach. The rooms are nice and clean and there is an AC. The staff loves to help you with anything you want and they can also bring food from a restautant.
If I go to Alleppey again i wouldn´t hesitate to go back to Casamaria Beach Resort.
Unfortunately some good pictures from here was deleted so I don´t have any nice photos to send.

Thank You!
Anna-Lena

Room Tip: First floor seaside is very good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
WilliamMaria, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for your generous feedback on Trip advisor.

I am very happy to learn about your enjoyable stay at our Casamaria beach Resort . Your appreciation is very motivating and helps us to strive harder for excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the Casamaria .