“Not a place to be if you want to enjoy your holidays”

Panoramic Sea Resort
Ranked #68 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The EPABX in the hotel did not work, which meant you cannot reach housekeeping, room service. this went on for almost 3 days.
The swimming pool had broken tiles and did not seem to have been cleaned for some time.
The table cloth on all the tables were stained. When asked, we were told that they are usually like this only.
the room is usually not cleaned unless you tell them about it.
Service was so poor that you had to literally run after the staff to do the clearance of the used plates from the room and they were least bothered about it. Even after complaining verbally and writing in their complaint book, there was no action.
Overall they seemed to be least bothered about their services and standards... so you shoudl think twice before visiting this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Manish P

Reviewed June 15, 2011

They call themselves 3 star!! u shud laugh at that.. cos 1st of all.. the hihgly priced beach facing rooms are not at all beach facing.u need to come out of you cottae and take a left turn to even get a far off view of the beach.. it is opposite the beach, just across the road but just badly positioned.
The morning buffet breakfast(included in room tariff) is very nice
But the lunch nad dinner are bad, the restaurant dirty.
The rooms are disgusting. They look clean oin the snaps but are not. Definitely not worth the money.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous3686
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed here at the end of an 8 week trip to India,our main aim was for a comfortable hotel with pool we could just laze by.On checking in to one of the cottages they looked fine but on closer inspection they were grubby and the bed linen stained,one day the room was never even cleaned,another day the staff removed room service plates and just left them on the patio outside where the wind blew food scraps and serviettes all over.The pool looked ok but when you looked closely it was very dirty with scum all round the edges mostly due to the fact the guests were jumping in fully clothed.
We were so disappointed with this hotel although we had paid up front for our stay we actually found another place just up the road which was complete luxury - Raheems Residency - cannot recommend this place enough!!! -luxurious clean rooms and the most stunning pool.
We did not recieve a refund from the Panoramic, but we did ask for a late check out on the night we were leaving.Although no where near fully booked they at first said we could have a complimentary late check out, then a couple of hours later they rang to say they had made a mistake and they wanted a full extra days payment. They were charging us 2750 rupees per night which out of season was very expensive for such a grubby place,they would not negotiate at all even though the room was not booked so we left and checked in to the Pagoda hotel for a few hours for a third of the normal days rate.
Raheems Residency compared to the Panoramic is like comparing a 5 star to a 1 star and yet because it was out of season they negotiated a price at half their normal rate, we paid less than we paid at the Panoramic.
We would never stay at the Panoramic again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank taxigirl06
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here on May06th 2011.This was the worst experience I had ever in my life. No one was there to take care of any needs. I had given my clothes for laundry and was told to me that it will be delivered in the evening; but unfortunately I had to wait till 12 AM in the Mid Night outside the beach to get this laundry back. And the saddest part is that there were no managers in the premises to clarify my queries or to help me to get back my laundry. They kept me waiting till 12 AM and then told that they don’t know where the laundry man stays; Later in the midnight it was told to me that they will courier me the same. I had to loose my dress over there. When i tried to call in the morning the mobile number given in the brochure was wrong. In total till now I didn’t get back my laundry and when consulted with the hotel for the courier’s docket number they were having no answer. The food served was also the worst.(Fish fry was having uncooked masalas in it,Dal Makhani was so sweet that I thought it was some desserts served in between the course. Chicken Chettinadu, I suppose was an exclusive recipe but I have never tasted such a Chettinadu ever in my life (being a chef for the past 30 years). I will never refer this hotel to anyone. If you come across this hotel, always be cautioned that you may also come across the same situation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ahuwalia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Panoramic sea Resort has some cozy cottages which are well-maintained. It is just next to the beach, but the view is not so great, as you cannot see the sea that much from the cottages, as they are too low. I did not try the pool, but some of the others from the group said it wasn't too clean.
The rooms themselves are nice and with aircon.
The breakfast buffet is nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank AllanF02
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We changed in to this hotel due to it's upkeep and good rooms. Has a great location and good food. Definitely recommended to travellers.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ubaidahmed
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Resort is very good ,,very clean and nice cottages .
service is also good . every room has seperate kitchen LCD Tv, coffe maker ,fridge etc.
and its located right infront of allepey beach ,,,,,,,,.

Only disappointing thing is food.....except the breakfast.
overall it was wonderfull place to relax & enjoyy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple