“Anandam at Ananda Beach Home”
Review of Ananda Beach Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Ananda Beach Home
Ranked #127 of 199 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Anandam at Ananda Beach Home”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's always a worry, when you travel with the missus, if things will be up to her liking -- if she likes it, it's a great holiday. If she doesn't, well, you hope to be next time lucky.
By this yardstick, Ananda Beach Home, run by John K Jose, is a winner. The resort, just abutting the seaside, is a charming place, with compact cottages that are accessorised thoughtfully. Loved the little touches like traditional clothes hangers, etc. The verandah with hammock nearby, was too beautiful, with its view of the sea. The bathroom is a personal favourite, with partly open roof. The resort is clean, well planned, and to top it all the kitchen turns out awesome food. What more can you ask for!

Room Tip: If the sound of waves thudding on the rocks a few metres away will keep you awake at night, then ask...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saisuresh

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is a nice place with friendly staff, and like someone has mentioned, a short rickshaw ride from the main city. The rooms were clean, and this was just next to a fishing village. There is a beach which you step on when you step out of - but be careful - the fishermen have an interesting use for the beach.

The stay was good, and the food decent. I cannot complain, and I will stay there again if I have the chance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hi, our first visit to Alleppey kerala on (8th & 9th of March 2012 ) referred by one of our collegue became an memorable experience for us. It gives us an immense pleasure to share our feelings with you. Firstly coming to hospitality is very good.Secondly the way of receiving and treating the visitors by them is so ausum.Especially, i cant close this review without saying thanks to Mr.Thomas.He is very co operative .Nextly , coming to the food its really so good as we never felt that we are out of our home,

We are glad to share our feelings with all of you and can surely say that others also feel the same and make their moments more memorable.

With Best Regards
Sushmita & Sharath
[--]

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were visiting Alappuzha district for three nights and looking for homelike accomodation by the seaside. Ananda Beach Home is located a little further up the coast, hidden in the peace and tranquility of a fishing village, yet only short taxi ride away from the bustling center of Alappuzha. We could not be more satisfied with our choice. From the very first moment, we felt like home and Mr. Thomas did his best to make our stay pleasant and memorable. We will never forget the magical atmosphere of the tropical nights. A full moon was shining over the nearby canal. Waves were breaking on the beach. We could have stayed all night on the verandah and in the hammock, enjoying the night with all our senses. Early in the morning local fishermen went to sea. If you are seeking a touch of authenticity, this could be your place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Alleppey was added to my travel itenary jus a week before my departure date...
My friend said its gonna cost me a BOMB for a Beach resort. I showed him Tripadvisor page of Ananda beach Home - Alleppey. He was still not satisfied and said that resort should be a Kilometer away from the beach and they r making a false claim. Even i doubted Tripadvisor reviews at that point. but still i decided to go with ananda beach home with a gut feeling.

Abt the location: When I landed at the location my friend and myself were very wrong. The Beach home is right on the seashore. Very beautiful compound (Lotta trees). Scenic beach in its backyard. Ananda beach home is a visual treat.

Abt Staff: Very friendly staff. I get spell bound by the extent they can go to help their guest. They are willing to help and support their guest even after check out. They have an exhaustive list of most happening places around and (Manager) Thomas: [--] is always ready to guide you to the location.

The name suits them rite: Ananda Beach HOME... Its definitely a home away from home.

Mr.John ([--]) owns this place. dint get an oppurtunity to meet him... Mr. John keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Enjoyed thorougly here. Loved waking up in the morning. For budget vacation this place is worth it. Mr. Thomas was very kind. Thank you for making our trip to Alleppy a pleasant one. Would love to stay here again. I would recimmend for everyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am a 56 year old woman who was travelling alone to FortCochi. Thomas met me off the Backwater ferry in Allepey and brought me to the beach chalet. It was in Monsoon season and the winds were fierce and I was a bit scared but Thomas assured me that he would not be far away and sure enough he was right there when I came out for breakfast the next morning. The location is spectacular but next time I will go at high season. Good value, lovely food and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
Pozhiyoram Beach Resort
#21 of 199 in Alappuzha
Palm Beach Resort
Palm Beach Resort
#29 of 68 in Alappuzha

Been to Ananda Beach Home? Share your experiences!