We had 3 days on the MV apsara (which is part of the Park hotel). The cruising on the lake was very well organised with varied trips every day. The food was excellent and a nice mix of something different each day. Cabins on the Apsara are pretty good and the beds are very very comfortable. I have seen some adverse comments about the size of the rooms and the ability to store suitcases, but this is a small(ish) cruiser with a small number of cabins (it's not a sea going cruise liner !). For what it it, the size of the cabins are excellent.
We had one small complaint and that is that we ate at the large outdoor table at the park for dinner and it was a little uncomfortable - the table is difficult to sit at no matter what your height (if you are tall, you can't get your legs under the table easily and if you are short, the table is a bit high). We were VERY impressed with the food and the chef was excellent, so we tended to ignore the uncomfortable table :-)
Staff on the Apsara and the Hotel were excellent and made our stay very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park on Vembanad Lake in Kumarakom West, Kerala Backwaters is the sophisticated docking station for the Apsara. With a total of ten luxury rooms and a deluxe room lake view room, the resort exudes elegance and style.The Resort offer very private stay offer complete serenity.In food we offer traditional Kerala cuisine along with complete range of Indian and International gourmet to choose from.Aura Spa keeps one relaxed and helps in rejuvenation.The M.V.Apsara Built on two levels, the Apsara consists of eight rooms, a crew cabin, a galley, saloon and dining area, a sundeck and a picturesque forward seating area. The interiors of this luxury cruiser have been designed keeping in mind the luxury and comfort that the well-heeled tourists and leisure travelers require.Apsara Backwaters Cruiser offers contemporary and modern amenities offering inspiring design, innovative dining, sensuous entertainment, instant connectivity and edgy art. The onshore gym and the tented spa offer Ayurvedic and international treatments.The dining area and salon, situated on level 1, with their grand décor create an ambience of luxury. The corner sofas with cushions and tables on level 2 provide ample space for guests to sit back and enjoy the panoramic view of the backwaters. The impeccable services extended to the guests combined with the enhanced display of sophistication makes the voyage memorable.Enjoy this unmatched abode in a perfect eco-setting - a pleasant escape to the lap of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Park on Vembanad Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Kerala/Alappuzha, India