Checked in early January.Came late in the evening from the Park in Chennai.
Was told no liqueur license(seriously, couldn't someone tell us before, would have never checked in)
Anyhow asked for a coke for dinner instead, they mentioned they had no coke(are you kidding me?)
Ok let it be for the night as might happens.We requested for a boat ride on the backwaters of Alleppey wich they said they try to organize but next morning we where shown a floating square cube wich had nothing to do with the house boats of Kerala.Well anyhow could have been great if you would organize a 100pax lakeparty!!it was that big
On a later stage someone was helpful to show us some houseboats but actually we did organize ourself the whole thing.
When being at their beautiful pool you should have seen how great the staff where enjoying themself at the restaurant whilest we where just waiting hours that someone aproaches you asking for a drink or coffee!
and best of all once u ask for ice be careful what u wish.....that for sure they do not have.(STRANGE)
Being a bit more proactive then the staff, as i do work in Hospitality as well i actually left with a car myself and organized ice and coke!
Beoing away 3 hoursx from the resort i thought there might be someone cleaning the room in my absence, since the hotel has 10 rooms and you should see whos in and out, well guess that was asked to much!!Staff was busy chatting and entertaining themselves.
Anyhow i did check out after 2 night as for the price you pay it is just too less attention to customers .SAD and very SAD as i think with 15 staff for a 10 room hotel you could definetly manage the house better.
For the price you pay NEVER WORTH IT.
otherwise the facility is awesome, just let down by lazy staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park on Vembanad Lake in Kumarakom West, Kerala Backwaters is the sophisticated docking station for the Apsara. With a total of ten luxury rooms and a deluxe room lake view room, the resort exudes elegance and style.The Resort offer very private stay offer complete serenity.In food we offer traditional Kerala cuisine along with complete range of Indian and International gourmet to choose from.Aura Spa keeps one relaxed and helps in rejuvenation.The M.V.Apsara Built on two levels, the Apsara consists of eight rooms, a crew cabin, a galley, saloon and dining area, a sundeck and a picturesque forward seating area. The interiors of this luxury cruiser have been designed keeping in mind the luxury and comfort that the well-heeled tourists and leisure travelers require.Apsara Backwaters Cruiser offers contemporary and modern amenities offering inspiring design, innovative dining, sensuous entertainment, instant connectivity and edgy art. The onshore gym and the tented spa offer Ayurvedic and international treatments.The dining area and salon, situated on level 1, with their grand décor create an ambience of luxury. The corner sofas with cushions and tables on level 2 provide ample space for guests to sit back and enjoy the panoramic view of the backwaters. The impeccable services extended to the guests combined with the enhanced display of sophistication makes the voyage memorable.Enjoy this unmatched abode in a perfect eco-setting - a pleasant escape to the lap of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Park on Vembanad Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Kerala/Alappuzha, India